Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora & Lee Selby vs. George Kambosos Jnr. RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 31, 2020.

1. seanglendo

seanglendo New Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2020
    "You'll never see me again" Tony Bellew

2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Apart from round 1, Usyk won everything and dealt with the Chisora pressure very well.

Footwork and boxing IQ too much for the plodder and it was no different to when plod challenged old Wlad in Feb 2012.

There is obviously a serious issue with punch power in this division but he took every punch well so that box is ticked.

moog, velagod and Twentyman like this.
  3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    ****ing hell Bellew.

Arnie likes this.
  4. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Its the first time ive watched a whole Usyk fight. To me he won clearly,is obviously very skilled and conditioned but isnt a hard enough puncher to faze the elites.

T.S. and Greg Price99 like this.
  5. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Chisora certainly came prepared - he had stamina to last the entire fight, which is rare for HWs these days. Usyk did well to withstand that onslaught and come back, particularly in the later middle rounds. In some ways, Chisora is Usyk's stylistic kryptonite at HW - granite chin, very strong and one punch KO power. I feel AJ will be an easier fight because Usyk can definitely knock him out. Fury on the other hand would be an extremely hard fight as I don't see Usyk knocking him out, and after seeing the size impact tonight, the significant advantage would be with Fury, particularly with that long reach. I thought the ref let a few low blows go but apart from that was reasonable.

Tonight shows how hard it will be for Usyk at HW, but he fought and hurt a very motivated Chisora, who is a stylistic problem for him.

The Selby v Kambosos fight showed two things, firstly, what shitty British commentators are like, and secondly, a good example of ridiculous scoring. I am an Aussie but to give that fight 118-110 to Kambosos is blatantly wrong; as wrong as both the commentators saying Selby was up 8-2. I would say a draw would have been fair - it was a very close fight. Selby controlled the range with movement and the jab, while George, who had a very low punch output at times, landed the harder crisper combinations.

seanglendo likes this.
  6. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Active Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2007
    I would favour him to beat anyone but Fury and Joshua, though he would be a live underdog against both. If Joshua came in heavy then Usyk could wear him down, and Fury isn’t exactly a stranger to being tagged by smaller men.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    When Chisora switched southpaw he landed one really flush right hand at the end of either the second or third. It was a good strategy tbf. But so much was telegraphed. Need to set far more traps. Usyk on the other hand was mixing everything up, so unpredictable and moving out of range both on Chisora's right and left. Was so good to watch.

moog and Twentyman like this.
  8. seanglendo

seanglendo New Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2020
    These biased Sky pundits lol. You can see with all the other boxing legends on Twitter watching the fight the true reactions.

CST80 and Dangerwood84 like this.
  9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Some of you mother****ers obsessively blew smoke up Dillian Whyte's ass for YEARS on here. When he not only went life and death once, but twice with Chisora, should have lost the first fight, and was losing the second, until the ref started docking points, causing Chisora to have to go all out and get himself KO'd in the last round. So anyone who praised Whyte, that's currently slagging on Usyk, **** right off.

10. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    you need to watch joe Joyce fight if you think Chisora is slow

Greg Price99 likes this.
  11. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The word 'neutrality' must not exist in britain.

OvidsExile, CST80 and lepinthehood like this.
  12. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    To be fair i got the first 4 round to Chisora. But he was playing it very, very dirty up close. He was holding with the one hand and hitting with the another, and there was plenty of low blows. Most of his body punches landed either in the back or was low blow.
    Every other rounds were pretty much easy to score for Usyk. I can`t say that he dominate, but he did enough to win them all clear. Maybe the 10 i think was a bit closer, but that was.
    Chisora was in great shape, but Usyk was moving way too much and Chisora was trying to get the respect in the first few rounds and maybe get a KD or KO, but didn`t work out.
    That being said, and i don`t believe that the weight is everything i see some disturbing sign for Usyk, and this is my thought:
    Usyk is either slowing down big time, or the added weight is affecting him a lot. He is going to push 34 in January and he age is probably a factor, but its obvious he ain`t the same guy. People should not judge when boxers starting to fade, just because both Klitschko was that good at so advance age. Most people starting to decline after 31-32.
    What i saw tonight is pretty average speed on his punches, his explosiveness was pretty much missing, and his reflexes and footwork was just not the same. Yeah he still move a lot, but with delay enough to be getting hit, and he was getting tagged a lot by 36(almost 37) average, small size, small reach(for HW) and pretty much average speed on his punches and i dare to say slow on his feet Chisora.
    This was not Usyk we all know.
    Definitely weight plays a role, but i think age play more role in his decline.
    And i dare to say that Usyk is probably 1 of the very few that you can pretty much call that is clean. Its pretty obvious, his body scream that he is clean, also he doesn`t have that explosiveness that i think comes from the roids, like Joshua have for example.
    If i got to compare them Joshua will definitely be faster and a lot more explosive at HW.
    I think the lack of the one punch KO power is exactly because that this guy is clean, and at very least we should respect him solely for that.

I like Usyk a lot and i think for his legacy he should skip the fight with Joshua, and probably Fury too. His reflexes are not the same, he is getting slower on his feet and his punches are definitely slower. His energy level/cardio is probably affected too, by the age and weight too, and his punching output and for what he is known for is missing.
    He should get 1-2-3 easy fight and call it a day! F***** the money, you should aim for your legacy.

pacas and Greg Price99 like this.
  13. Ian_k

Ian_k Active Member Full Member

May 8, 2012
    Sky pundits as usual saying chisora won

moog likes this.
  14. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Tony Bellew about to set up a just giving page for Dell Boy

Arnie and Ian_k like this.
  15. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I'm not sure about the styles aspect, but Chisora also gets underrated. He's not the top of the top, but he brings the fight and doesn't let anyone off easily.

In terms of styles, I still can't see how Usyk deals with the massive, rangy guys like Wilder and Fury.

Surrix likes this.