Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora & Lee Selby vs. George Kambosos Jnr. RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 31, 2020.

1. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    AJ can box like Usyk & I make AJ a big favorite v Usyk (weight wise),but a fight with Alexander Povetkin would be great.

2. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    I still think uysk struggles with fury, but joshua wouldnt take those licks very well, although he bring serious firepower himself.

interesting now!

Serge likes this.
  3. fcb1068

fcb1068 Active Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2012
    So you're picking Usyk against Fury or Joshua? Contrary to what people think I feel that Usyk has a better chance against Fury than Joshua. Joshua likely bombs him out, but Usyk's chin is solid enough to go 12 rounds with Fury. Against Fury strength will be the deciding factor, as long as Fury can't do to Usyk the same thing he did to Cunningham, Usyk might win on points.

Just because Fury KOed Wilder doesn't mean he is all of a sudden a massive puncher.

Serge and Hurrikeen like this.
  4. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Yes, they hate the EE boxers because they are clearly better and fight more live opponents than the likes of FMJ, Bud et al.

lepinthehood and Serge like this.
  5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    He allows his personal feelings to cloud his judgement at times. He's the kind of guy that will always have your back, a nice trait to have in a friend but not such a great trait if you want an impartial commentator if a friend of his is fighting.

fcb1068 and N17 like this.
  6. Astaxanthin

Astaxanthin Active Member Full Member

Dec 28, 2014
    After seeing Usyk hurt Chisora, I would say he stops Whyte.

CST80 likes this.
  7. West of Hollywood

West of Hollywood Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Likely outcome Usyk by decision but the threat of Povetkin literally decapitating him would loom over each round.

8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Sure, I agree, Usyk lost the first one clear, the second was close, I have no issue with anyone giving that to Chisora, even though Usyk blocked most of those punches. But from the third onward, it was on way traffic. Usyk's pivoting act made him look like he was taking more punishment than he really was, But the reality is, he was catching most of those are the arms, which are not scoring shots, and the clubbing shots to the shoulders don't count either. It wasn't a good look, but anyone with a keen eye, saw Usyk was dominating in terms of clean punches, and the clean punches were at time plentiful. Sure Usyk seemed to take his foot off the gas and play it safe, because he knew he was in the lead, and is risk averse by nature. But even in those rounds, the same pattern repeated itself. Chisora clubbed his arms as Usyk shelled up, blocked almost everything, then he'd pivot away from the ropes and unload on him, rinse and repeat. Very easy rounds to score. There's not even the remotest of cases to made for anyone but Usyk winning that.

timeout and mirkofilipovic like this.
  9. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    And for all you saying "AJ beats Usyk EASILY"

Let us AJ steam forward against Usyk, let's see it, let's see AJ do what Chisora did tonight, I want to see that, I pray AJ does that,

But the reality is, AJ wouldn't box that style against Usyk, no way on Earth, AJ and his huge bulk chasing Usyk around for 5-6 rounds and he is blowing out his backside.

I'm not saying AJ won't or can't win, but don't look at that tonight and think AJ fights that style and does it better, he simply doesn't.

Usyk is a handful, trust me, a real handful, styles make fights and Chsiora is a bad style for most, he is a lump and can take a shot, it was NEVER going to a one punch performance by Usyk.

'Warpath', CST80 and Astaxanthin like this.
  10. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
  11. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Hilarious on here, who does Usyk beat based on that performance? Genuine question.

12. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I now want to see Usyk fight Alexander Povetkin & I think this would be 50-50 .
    If Usyk can win this then he has the right to fight for a world belt.

13. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Everyone except Fury and possibly Joshua. I’ve always said that though, I learned nothing except he’s much slower and still 4 and 6 inches smaller than them and that backed my opinion up. He’d beat everyone else though.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  14. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    He had lots of time off. He can improve.

15. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    80/20 in favour of uysk