Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora & Lee Selby vs. George Kambosos Jnr. RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 31, 2020.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This content is protected

2. JMotrain

JMotrain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 30, 2005
    I don't agree.

The only one I would definitely take over Usyk would be Fury. Did you forget about Wilder-Ortiz II where Wilder basically followed Ortiz around the ring and lost every round before knocking the old man out? Wilder tries that against Usyk and does not land his right hand he will either drop a decision or get stopped late. Usyk has not shown stamina issues like 45+ year old Ortiz.

AJ is still pretty stiff and robotic, on top of not believing in his own ability to take a punch. I could definitely see Usyk hitting AJ and moving out of range all night. But I will give AJ a better chance than Wilder of catching and stopping Usyk because he does have a better variety of punches.

Fury is a bad style matchup for Usyk and if I were Usyk I would stay away. But I do think he is live against AJ and Wilder.

iii, kostya by ko, dryzer and 3 others like this.
  3. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

:applaudit:

dryzer, Greg Price99 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I somewhat like the WBO rule. Usyk did unify after all. He is without a doubt on of the best boxers in the world.
    And we want to see the best facing the best.

However I see where you could be coming from. Some spend years if not entire careers climbing up the rankings, and suddenly someone else just swoops in.
    But my desire to see the best in the world compete buries that logic.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Being the best at cruiser doesn't make him automatically one of the best at heavyweight.

6. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I don't know about that. Usyk has traditionally done better against larger opponents. Smaller opponents that push Usyk usually do pretty well. Briedis took the fight to Usyk, as did Hunter. In the amateurs Usyk had more trouble with the smaller Beterbiev than he did with most Heavyweights.

Slowhand and eltirado like this.
  7. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I was watching sky and I can only assume Kambosos is a matchroom fighter with how much they were noshing him off. I thought it was a close fight, 115-113 eitherway fair. Selby busier, pushing the fight but Kambosos did more damage when he did throw. I had Selby winning personally and the sky commentary did him a disservice.

8. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    I said best in the world. Don´t you want to see the best go up against the best?

9. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Yes. But that's what the rankings should be for.
    They fight their way up the rankings and when they get near the top they should be facing other fighters who are at or near the top.

10. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    But don´t we want champions to face other champions?
    It´s totally fine that we disagree here. I absolutely see your point.

I just really like when champions fight champions, regardless of weigh class.

Unforgiven likes this.
  11. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Fair enough.
    I find it interesting and acceptable ..... but I'd rather they moved up and eliminated a couple of the solid top 10 or top 5 contenders before challenging the heavier weight class champion. It just seems more legit to me that way.

Badbot likes this.
  12. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    If he will go too close to Ruiz he will end like A.J in first fight with Ruiz. Ruiz is leg lazy and not respected in forums but his hands are faster than Usyk's.
    Also he now will not be able defeat nor Dorticos nor Briedis in fight with 200 lbs weight in limit.
    Instead talks about " cleaning division in backyards " he will need for TOWEL.
    Egis should prepare towel if he will attempt to " clean division " again.
    He now is too slow.

eltirado likes this.
  13. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Christ could you imagine.

14. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    That is exactly the point we agree on, Usyk will look fantastic until a random right fast long range right hand surpasses his defenses.

Fury had the size to stay safe from Wilder Range/Speed & he still got floored by a punch that would have KTFO any boxer, Fury also has the size to pick Wilder at any range whenever he wants to launch an offense. Usyk doesn't have anything to offer except a good boxing show, until he gets caught.

15. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Andy Ruiz fight is 50/50 for me, really a very good fight for both

Surrix likes this.