Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 23, 2020.

The Cat or Del Boy?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2020.
  1. Usyk on points

54.0%
  2. Usyk by stoppage

34.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chisora on points

0.7%
  5. Chisora by stoppage

11.3%
  1. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Usyk by late stoppage or Chisora to retire on his stool. Chisora is nowhere near Usyks class and is very overrated these days.

CST80 and IntentionalButt like this.
  2. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Forgive me, but that sounds overwhelmingly optimistic. He’s a damn shell of his former self, the durability and fortitude are long gone. I’ll agree he seems more composed, however physically speaking he has deteriorated substantially.

CST80 and George Crowcroft like this.
  3. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Laughing my ass off with some of the comments. Chisora being very overhyped against Usyk :bananarideGuys seriously when did Chisora beat someone super legit?

UnleashtheFURY, Inglis_1 and CST80 like this.
  4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yeah I'd agree w that, but I meant his dedication and mentality right now is more stable than ever, he's also giving a good performance ever fight, rather than every few years

5. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Laughing my ass off with some of the comments. Chisora being very overhyped against Usyk :bananarideGuys seriously when did Chisora beat someone super legit?

George Crowcroft likes this.
  6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Chisora arguably deserved a draw (as in not win outright like he did) against the usually very aggressive southpaw Gashi. who just happened to decide that day to attempt being slick.

Usyk beats the breaks off of Delboy and KO's him violently in 9. People will be shocked at how one sided this is.

7. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    At HW? Probably around the time usyk did.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Uh oh, bandeedo got an unreasonable chip on his shoulder about someone.:lol:

9. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    Why, cause I'm not fawning over him? I give him what's his, or maybe you can tell me the last time usyk beat a "super legit" hw. I know you got feelings for usyk, don't take my critiques personal.

10. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Okay but a snipe like that is sort of disingenuous when Usyk has beaten zero super legit heavies in ONE try versus Chisora having not done so in over forty (a couple of times if you want to be generous in your description of Takam or Szpilka).

Usyk's amateur super heavyweight scalps alone >>>> Chisora's whole pro record (defeated or not).

11. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    No, because it's more than obvious.

I have no feelings towards Usyk, at least not any more than you have for Mikey Garcia.

The last time he beat a super legit HW was when he dominated Michael Hunter from bell to bell. Not to mention all of his WSB scalps which were all more impressive than any of Chisora recent wins over walking corpses.

velagod and George Crowcroft like this.
  12. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    But my post wasn't about his overall ability, it was an answer to a question of when chisora last beat a super legit hw. My answer was never, just like usyk. If anything I'm defending the legitimacy of the challenge, as I don't expect usyk to just run over chisora just cause he's usyk.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  13. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    Then we have different ideas about super legit. And I gave Mikey 1 Rd vs Spence, hardly the scorecard of a crushing fanboy. Aside from that, I've been right on point about every step Mikey has taken.
    And you keep bringing it up, knowing I had initially said Mikey could not beat Spence, but I was going to to come up with a scenario where he could possibly win. I can pull up my posts, again, if you're still confused.

14. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Because you'd look irrational if you gave Mikey more than 2 or 3 rounds. I love Andy Ruiz and predicted all over the site that he'd beat AJ in the rematch, but scored one round for Andy, because that's all he deserved. Same would go for any scorecard of mine in a match that Usyk potentially gets dominated in. You're fair, that's good.

I wasn't referring to anything you said in the lead up to the Spence match, I'm specifically referring to a post of yours I saw the other day saying that Mikey beats Manny, Danny and Ugas. Which is IMO, quite insane. if I'm being honest.:lol: But hey, to each his own.

15. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    That wouldn't be the first time I've been the only one who called it like it happened, the only one, and not the second either, or the third time.
    My track record speaks for itself, it's easily verifiable. Granted, I don't make predictions I'm not sure about, but when I do, it's a good idea to take it seriously cause there's a better than 80 percent chance that's how it's going down. This is history talking, not just me.