Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk vs. Joseph Obey Joyce

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

WBO Interim title will be on the line and frankly speaking the winner of this will go on to become the WBO world champion. Very interesting fight. :chuck:

This content is protected

Despite getting schooled a few years back, Joyce has a decent chance to beat Usyk. It's a 65/35 fight for Usyk IMO.

George Crowcroft and Robney like this.
  2. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Usyk vs JoJo... didn't think that fight would be happening.
    And you're right, JoJo has a chance here.

TipNom and Chuck Norris like this.
  3. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    It's a well known fact that Chuck Norris is always right. :chuck: :deal:

Heavy_Hitter and Robney like this.
  4. pernellaaron

pernellaaron Active Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Usyk ud for me but if Joyce wore him down it would be very impressive

5. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Joe joyce by ko easily

6. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    It'd almost certainly go the distance and its hard to imagine Joyce winning on points. Keep in mind he was (albeit wrongly) behind on the cards against Dubois.

Could imagine Usyk winning 8 rounds maybe. Cant see either guy scoring a knock down.

7. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016
    Usyk had problems with grandpa Chisora and couldn’t even knock out witherspoon in less than six rounds, he has no chance against joyce. When they fought against each other Joe Joyce was hardly five years into boxing, it’s the same with Wilder where people think that he would lose to romanov.
    I was one of the few people to say that Loma will loose to Lopez and I am sure I will be right on this one too.

8. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Joyce is also old and even slower than Chisora.

9. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016

But bigger and heavier

10. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Usyk outboxes him tentatively. I'll be happy for this fight because of what it means for Fury/Joshua, not as much for the fight itself. But the more top 10 guys face each other (or at least top 15), the better.

Rilz and Aussie Invader like this.
  11. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Mate.... come on. Witherspoon landed less than 10 punches in the whole fight, we know Usyk is not a big puncher so you shouldn't expect him to get KOs, ffs.
    Chisora is an extremely aggressive fighter who went absolutely berserk in the first 4 rounds vs Uysk, putting everything on a KO.
    Usyk was not hurt for even 0.5 sec during the Chisora fight and he dominated after the early flurry from Chisora. Joyce is not that kind of fighter, he is slower than he was in Amaterus and he doesn't have the movement to chase Usyk around.
    Any fighter in the world would have problems with the Chisora of the first 4 rds in that fight.

12. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Usyk outclasses Joyce. Only way I see Joyce winning is if Warren pays the judges and he gets lucky with the scorecards.

13. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Joyce could win it but Chisora was HEAVILY on the front foot trying to go for the kill against Usyk. Will joyce do the same ? Definitely but he isnt faster than chisora. He has fast feet but Usyk is far more skilled than Dubois.

Could end up being a Foreman vs Young but somethibg tells my Joyce will suprise me, one way or another.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  14. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I like Usyk to win this by UD. I picked Joyce to beat Dubois but that's bc I didnt think either were that great and likes the odds on Joe. If Joyce kos Usyk I'll eat my words and start taking the foreman comparisons seriously.

15. Bigcheese

Bigcheese Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Joyce also struggled with Bryan Jennings. This is stylistically a tougher fight for JJ than Dubois was, I'd bet on Usyk outboxing him to a UD, I don't think JJ has one shot power to stop Usyk.