Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk vs. Tyrone Clinton Spong

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Oct 6, 2019.

The Cat or The King of the Ring?

Poll closed Oct 12, 2019.
  1. Usyk on points

18.8%
  2. Usyk by stoppage

81.3%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Spong on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Spong by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Wintrust Arena in Chicago, next Saturday. 12 rounds @ heavyweight for some ungodly reason, even though it one hundred percent oughtn't be. I am not in favor of any non-title (and non-eliminator) bouts ever being scheduled for that distance, under any circumstances, no matter whom the principals are. Usyk debuted in the pros at heavyweight and fought there four times before dropping to cruiser, but his last dozen consecutive fights since 2014 have all been at CW. Spong has no hardware and is ranked by just one major org (WBO, #6) and there is therefore no justification for this even to be an eliminator, with the other man effectively making his HW re-debut.

Fucking ridiculous. Should be a 10-rounder. Oh well.

2. BoJangles

BoJangles Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I heard this crap was sanctioned by the prestigious WWE!!!

Spong the Black Chinaman is a joke, seen him dropped by bums, he's getting KTFO next Saturday!!

Highlite Reel KTFO Victim.

NEXT...

3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
  4. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Usyk should have this wrapped up by the 6th.

Bigger, faster, stronger, light years more skilled and he’s a Cossack....no more to say.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  5. Leoh

Leoh Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Let's hope Spong exceeds expectations the way Nieky Holzken had vs Smith.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I know I'm standing out on a limb by myself about this, but fights being scheduled for twelve for no reason really gets my goat. :mad:

I like Usyk. I think he's a star in the making, and hope to see him ultimately conquer the division. That said, there is zero justification for him deserving a championship distance in his re-debut at heavyweight, with both men coming in empty-handed.

7. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    I was gonna make a thread on this fight, but you beat me to it. :oops:

Anyways the fight itself. Spong does have a puncher's chance, but the skill gap is WAY too big and I highly doubt Usyk will get caught with something. I expect Usyk to cruise to a late TKO win.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Spong is a pretty good boxer - not an elite as he was in kickboxing, but still pretty good. Usyk will dominate in what honestly should rank among his better wins but not get much credit, however, as Spong hasn't really built up a high profile in this sport.

Chuck Norris likes this.
  9. Chuck Norris

Aug 31, 2016
    On the undercard my boy Dmitry Bivol making the fifth defense of his title against Lenin Castillo. I hope Bivol ends his KO drought and hopefully he gets a big fight in 2020. :chuck:

IntentionalButt likes this.
  10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Which underdog has more of a chance, Spong or Castillo?

Chuck Norris likes this.
  11. Chuck Norris

Aug 31, 2016
    Hmmmmm maybe Spong since he does have power.

12. Chuck Norris

Aug 31, 2016
    Actually this is quite a nice card. You have a rematch between Jessica McCaskill and Erica Farias, Charles Conwell going up against Patrick Day and Anthony Sims against fella named Morgan Fitch.

13. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member

May 12, 2007
    personally, i think it´s rediculous that you actually Conduct a poll that has the Option of tyrone spong actually Winning this. this is why professional Boxing has become such a joke. you put together an undefeated record that means absoutely ZERO and you get a big fight.

a stockbroker or salesman would go to jail for this (cause, lets face it, it´s FRAUD, plain and simple)……….but in pro Boxing, it´s welcome to the big time. disgusting.

14. Chuck Norris

Aug 31, 2016
    You IB?

15. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019