Oleksandr Usyk vs Joe Frazier

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sugar 88, Sep 10, 2020.

Frazier vs Usyk - who would you take?

1. Frazier

113 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. Uysk

39 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    This caused a very heated argument between my dad and my brother.

Smokin' Joe is massively under appreciated but he'd also be pretty undersized in the current era with a listed height of 6ft that some believe to have been a generous accounting.

So how would he fare against flavour of the month and arguable modern great Usyk who at 6'3 and 200lb+ would have a fair few advantages over Joe. So who you got and why?

2. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Can Usyk move enough for joe Frazier ??? I’d fancy Usyk against Joshua, frazier is a movers worst nightmare as proven though

3. TipNom

TipNom Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    I think Frazier is all wrong for Usyk.
    I think Usyks corner stops the fight in the 11th round

4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I'd say the Frazier that beat Ali beats the Usyk that beat Breidis. Breidis had success with his aggression, he didn't do what many do vs Usyk and wait too long on the outside and get mesmerised by Usyk's jab and movement. Frazier would take it too him, relentless aggression and I don't see Usyk clinch, maul and manhandle like Foreman and Ali do, so he'd end up fighting at Frazier's pace if he can't sustain range.

5. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Lol, Frazier 8:5 ahead at the time of this post.
    What a great poll to expose the delusional fools inhabiting the boxing fan base. Scary stuff.
    Not only is Usyk superior to Frazier in every single way, he also dwarfs him.
    Usyk by child's play.

6. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Agreed. I think Frazier would be harder for Usyk than AJ. He'd put on the pressure and match him for workrate. On the other hand Usyk is a very smart boxer with some super footwork. He'd certainly use his size against Frazier. I'm favouring Usyk without thinking much about the matchup.

7. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Frazier, Usyk is hittable and with both fighters high work rate this would be spectacular but I’d be very surprised if Frazier didn’t win, too relentless for Usyk

shavers likes this.
  8. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Frazier is an all time great heavyweight,Usyk is very much in the novice stage at the weigh.Mismatch, Frazier all day long

9. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    You could rationally pick Usyk to befuddle the often times crude operation of Frazier, but that's not how discussions like this go.

Frazier stops him in the 14th round with a barrage of left hooks! Too tough, too golden!

shavers likes this.
  10. cleglue1

cleglue1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Usyk is to green as a heavyweight right now to know what could happen, but I'd still fancy Frazier to break him down late.

11. Somali Sanil

Sep 1, 2019
    They are the same weight, Usyk boils down to Joes weight. Its no mismatch, its a style problem that frazier has over everyone ever at his weight(just over 200lb prime), unrivalled non stop aggression that only gets worse for the opponent as the fight progresses, but Usyk has all time great skills without a doubt. imo you have to be a major banger to get the better of frazier and early while hes not found his rhythm

latineg, Decker, BCS8 and 2 others like this.
  12. Somali Sanil

Sep 1, 2019
    Usyk fought bigger men than Frazier also

13. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Frazier fought men a few pounds heavier than boxers like Gassiev or Briedis.

14. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Joshua dwarfed Ruiz who isn't good enough to sniff Frazier's jock and it didn't mean a thing.

Also, you claim that Usyk is better in every way than Frazier is what's delusional. Here's a few areas where he's not better;

Power
    Workrate
    Stamina
    Experience

Also, I'm not sure being 6'2 1/2 215 pounds with little punching power is going to be a game changer for a guy like Frazier

15. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    It`s irrelevant that they weigh the same my point is Frazier is far more experienced fighting in the division Usyk is not

ipitythefool likes this.