Omar Figueroa Jr. vs. John Molina Jr. Prediction - Who Do You Have?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Feb 15, 2019.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This content is protected

Accurate, minemax, rakan and 2 others like this.
  2. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I figure, Figueroa by close but clear decision in a fun fight.

CST80 likes this.
  3. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    It depends on the shape Figueroa is coming in. He hasn't fought for almost two years, he wasn't training a lot most of the time, had serious problems with his shoulder and might be out of shape too here (let's wait for the weigh in). I watched a video a couple of days/weeks ago and Figueroa looked blown up (his head). No idea if he just has a massive skull or he is overweighed and not in shape. We'll see. Molina Jr is as you said all about "how much he has left"...it's all about the game plan. If Molina comes out, fighting smart, he should have a decent chance (like he fought Provodnikov). He can box well on the backfoot and he is bigger / taller than Figueroa. If he wants to go to war it is "Who lands first wins"...can see both scenarios. In both cases Molina has a good chance to win. But in the second scenario i think chance that Figueroa wins is higher. I am looking forward to the weigh in today. I want to see Figueroa naked on the scales. I think we can say more about the fight after the weigh in.

Right now i am leaning towards Molina. But this could easily change after the weigh in. Still, i have solid bet on Molina +440. I think he isn't such a massive underdog here.

CST80 likes this.
  4. El Chicano

El Chicano Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Omar not gonna make weight

Bet

Lol

CST80 likes this.
  5. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Going with Omar. Less mileage on him and has youth and has never been stopped.

6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Omar. Molina been in too many wars now

7. JMotrain

JMotrain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Pretty much this. I think people are also overrating Figueroa Jr. Except for maybe Matthysse, who is actually a real one punch KO artist, has Molina ever struggled with a guy who isn't a boxer (and Molina did KD Matthysse pretty hard in that fight)? I don't think so. And while he lost to Broner, Broner is actually good in the pocket. Broner moves his upper body well and counters well, that isn't Figueroa Jr. Go watch the Guerrero fight, he was getting touched up by the Ghost, who let's be honest was shot in that fight (he lost to a probably 50 ranked WW prior to that fight). I think Molina will be able to find his chin. Now it's possible Figs takes Molina shots and wears him down. But I do think the fight is closer than people think; Molina isn't completely shot and that is what a lot of people are banking on.

I'm going to roll with Molina by mid-late rounds stoppage.

CST80 and f1ght3rz like this.
  8. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Well, he proved us both wrong, I had a feeling he wouldn't either. But damn, homes looks like a cadaver.

And I really didn't need to know that Omar hangs to the left.:confused:
    This content is protected

9. Consu

Consu Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Well..

I see you comparing this to Molina vs Matthysse/Provodnikov/Redkach type of fight. Guys who are bangers but more or less limited. And no movement or brilliant footwork in their games.

Yes, Figueroa is all action fighter but he is more flashy and tricky than those guys. I'm waiting to see more like what Soto did against Molina. This is not going to be close. Soto might be better technician but I think Omar has the youth and sharpness to put same kind of performance than Soto did against Molina.

99-91 Figueroa

10. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    So.... you're saying Matthysse and Provonikov are limited bangers? The same guys that almost beat Danny Garcia and Tim Bradley? That Figueroa who came within a hair a being outclassed by Ricky Burns and Jerry Belmontes is more well-rounded?

Are you sure you're not getting him mixed up with his brother Brandon? Omar's skillset is tragic, he's never learned how to roll with or slip punches, I'm not saying he can't win, you could be right, what I am saying is anyone with a half-decent ring IQ in the power to keep him off can beat him.

Also for what it's worth, Humberto Soto it's more far more skilled than Omar as well.

11. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Just wait a second — I'm going to flip a coin. :smile:

CST80 likes this.
  12. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Omar is my fave. Looking forward to this.

13. Consu

Consu Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Yep. Figueroa is sharper than Matthysse and Provo. Styles makes fight and Molina is not that difficult to solve out.

Figueroa 99-91.

14. JMotrain

JMotrain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Figueroa isn't hard to solve either, otherwise Guerrero wouldn't have been bouncing shots off his face for two rounds.

CST80 likes this.