Omfg, Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Sep 28, 2021.

1. CST80

CST80 De Omnibus Dubitandum: Reject The New Normal Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I've been hyping him for years precisely because I thought he was every bit that good, hence why I've been saying he knows what he needs to beat certain opponents and if a masterclass isn't needed, he takes it easy which is still too much for a normal opponent to handle, but when in against a beast, Usyk becomes a behemoth. So I wasn't shocked by that performance at all, after the 2nd round on, I was zen like watching it with an ear to ear grin, because I was witnessing him doing exactly what I've always thought he was capable of against a top tier opponent. But yes, I'm still floating on cloud nine, it's not every day when a guy you've been bashing for 7 years gets schooled by the guy you've been hyping and saying would school him for 7 years. So hopefully people can understand, so even though it probably shouldn't be personal to me since I don't personally know either, it is.... so this is beyond special for me.:lol:

Entaowed, channy, joe91 and 8 others like this.
  2. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    I was legitimately shaking when recording my scores for this fight. I have a little book where I score all of my fights with pen and paper. I could barely hold the pen.

3. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    It was a special night. I came in rooting for AJ as I am a Brit but something happened during that Usyk ring walk, I switched to rooting for Usyk, not even sure why, maybe I sensed what was about to happen.

I just hope Fury/Usyk happens. That for me as a hardcore fan and purist holds more excitement than Joshua/Fury or Wilder/Joshua, I know the casuals love Joshua and it was probably better for the sport if the cash cow media friendly Joshua won and went onto unify but the clash of styles between Fury and Usyk for me is just too exciting, it's going to be such a high level, technical fight with so many adjustments and the ring IQ on display will be like watching 2 chest grand masters go against each other.

4. tinman

tinman Retired Gvozdyk Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    You've definitely been way higher than most on Usyk way earlier than most. No doubt about that.

On a somewhat similar note. I've been way higher on Mairis Briedis for years than just about everybody. And when doing p4p lists I would have him near the top 5. And people would tell me how ****ing stupid I was. Well, now, who looks stupid? So in that sense I do feel vindicated as well.

gollumsluvslave and CST80 like this.
  5. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I am incredibly happy for Usyk and the sport in general. Joshua brought in a lot of money and a lot of fans, but he brought in the wrong kind of fans. He attracted fanboys who became so numerous that their opinions would seep into the general boxing world. It was like hearing people regurgitate word for word lines they've heard on a major cable news network.

Usyk has it all and I've been hoping he can achieve greatness since early in his career. He's everything you could want as a boxing fan.

6. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I wish I had as much faith in him as you did. I knew he was legit and even rated him above Loma P4P but I just had my doubts about the size difference and that Joshua has more than once turned around fights where he was losing or in trouble. I should really trusts my instincts more and not 2nd guess my choices, I always get it wrong when I do.

CST80 and tinman like this.
  7. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Full fight up on YT. Actually re-watching Usyk just gets more dominant.

DaRealJT and Jackman65 like this.
  8. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I've been following Usyk for several years and each time I watched him fight I was impressed. I must say, though, I was not 100% sure vs AJ. But once again, he impressed me with that performance for the ages. He is truly an ATG.

9. rapscalion

rapscalion Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Very feel indeed!

dogcatcher likes this.
  10. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I would agree with the title of the thread.

11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I think we all should refrain from discussing anything non-Usyk related for the next month. Every thread on the first 10 pages should be an Usyk thread. I'm not mandating this, it's your choice. However, I am recommending it and as the CEO of the official Oleksandr Usyk I Am Feel, Very Very Feel Fanclub and an elite of the elite poster I believe my recommendation should carry immense weight.

12. StiffJab

StiffJab Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Welcome to the club Stiff Jeb. Carry on the proud Stiffy tradition of the ATG poster Stifflers Mum

13. instaleft

instaleft New Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    Yeah, yeah.. enjoy your boring azz decision king Usyk as champ who can't draw while you can, cause revenge will be sweet. AJ was stinging him all night but would let him off the hook.. a bizarre showing by AJ for sure but Usyk is getting knocked out in the rematch.

14. CST80

CST80 De Omnibus Dubitandum: Reject The New Normal Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    First post you reveal yourself to be an angry bitter **** poster. Congrats, you're making it easy on us.

15. instaleft

instaleft New Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    Angry yes, **** poster? debatable. Angry cause now I have to wait longer to see a true undisputed heavyweight fight between AJ v Fury/Wilder.. Imagine AJ vs Fury in England.. who the F would want to see Usyk v Fury/Wilder? Usyk literally has no power, at least when Evander moved up in weight he was laying guys out.

All good though, Usyk will only have the belts for a few more months and if by some miracle he wins on points again Fury or Wilder both lay him out.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2021