On Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BoxingFanPhil, Jan 31, 2013.

1. brnxhands

brnxhands Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 1, 2011
    since i take vcash betting so seriously lol.

2. brnxhands

Sep 1, 2011
    Took a 6'5 250 harder hitting Lewis 8 rounds to take out a corpse of a Tyson. Seriously whats Frazier gonna do to Mike? Somebody would be getting smoked early an it wouldnt be mike. By the way Mike did everything better. even had a better left hook...

3. dyna

dyna Boxing Junkie banned

Jun 1, 2012
    Tyson his chin was extremely good, I think his chin is underrated.

4. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Lewis was having fun, he was not in a hurry, although KO 1...KO 8....and UD all mean the same thing to me, just takeing different roads to get to the same place.

Seriously, Mike did every thing better...That is a teenager type of answer. Picking Tyson is fine, it is actually the majority consensus but please don't come w/ these lame generic type of responses that are entering into far to many threads....does he bring pressure better??? Does he have a higher work rate, is he a better infighter, does he have greater late fight endurance? does he have better stamina? Does he have greater intangibles?

A better left hook??? That is certainly debateable, but I wouldn't call it a run away on either side. Tyson has a solid hook, and I see no reason to try and minimize it just because I think frazier beats him. Tyson may have the greater hook (although I am not conceding), but I believe he will eat Fraziers 5 X's more frequently than the other way around.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Frazier was a slow starter and Tyson was a whirlwind of terror from rounds 1 to 4

He would outclass Frazier so bad it wouldnt even look fair ... The speed difference would be too great and Tysons power connecting on Fraziers chin would be a destructive site

6. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I think Tyson had Frazier figured out to be honest.

In his book, when talking about Marvis Frazier, he said, when you jab him, he bows, when he bows, im gonna catch him with an uppercut, and we saw the result.

Now in no way am i saying Joe is anythign liek Marvis, but i just feel Tyson has Fraziers number stylewise. In fact, ill go as far as to say Frazier would be one of Tysons easiest fights. Tyson wouldnt have to go far to look for Joe and he wouldnt have that much of a size disadvantage to deal with

7. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Tyson didn't have great stamina and his power lessened considerably as a fight progressed and Frazier was a bulldog of tenacity from rounds 10-15

He would out work, Tyson so bad i wouldn't even look fair....The heart dfference would be way to great and watching Frazier steal hs will an heart would be a destructive site

8. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I wouldnt say Lewis had fun, in fact he was deathly cautious in my opinion, hence why Manny was screaming at him to finish the job because Lewis had a dead man in front of him. Now if Lewis was deathly cautious of THAT version of Tyson, how do u feel hed do against the Tyson who dealt with berbick etc?

9. brnxhands

Sep 1, 2011
    Philly fan he did do everything better not sure why it's a teenage response.. Frazier was herky jerky as hell wih his upperbody movement. Mike was way faster bobbing an weaving. Better footwork. More power in both hands, every punch in the book he mastered, better chin, better speed, better jab. I will give frazier stamina though. All though in mikes prime his wasnt bad

10. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    I have always maintained that prime Tyson beats prime Lewis, and still feel that way. I like Tyson quite abit in fairness, I just don't think he is quite as great as his fanboys (not implying that you are or are not one) make him out be.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Lool wishful fanboy thinking

I bet you thought Biggs was going to beat Mike until he punished him for 7 rounds

Frazier gets overwhelmed and KOed early ... He liked to give and take and against Tyson its suicide

12. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Contradictory statements, but that is improvement...and it is PHAN by the way...I won't try and denigrate Tyson as you have done to Frazier, and agree that Tyson's stamina was better than most concede it to be in his prime, nor do I find him mentally/emotionally fragile as he was later in his career. I think Tyson is great and good, but Frazier was greater and better.

13. brnxhands

Sep 1, 2011
    tyson had a ton of heart, took one of the worse beatings from douglas an kept walking forward, after that uppercut put him down he was still trying to get up. no heart, please

14. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Actually Holyfield is the first guy I picked to beat Tyson...way back after the Dokes fight....Not sure why it took Tyson 10 years to fight the best fighter out there...86-87 Tyson wouldnt have fought 68-69 Frazier untill they became 96 Tyson and 78 Frazier, and he could actually win that one.

15. brnxhands

Sep 1, 2011
    I gave him stamina. Thats the one aspect he had on Tyson an it wouldnt have came down to that. Lol how did I denigrate him? I already said in the last page no disprepect to Joe. I like that you support your philly fighters though. Joe was great for sure