On this day in 1962, Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) stopped Archie Moore.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Richard M Murrieta, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    He was definitely viable as a heavyweight even then … just not against Ali/Clay. The speed along with the size was way too much.

Bokaj and Entaowed like this.
  2. Pugguy

Pugguy Ingo, The Thinking Man’s GOAT Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    Lol. Nice interweaving of themes.

Murrieta is a cool name for a cop.

I wonder how many times Murrieta had to hand his badge in to his longer suffering, near retirement superior because Murrieta, you know, always dealt with the crims “his way”?

Can we promote @Richard M Murrieta to undercover detective like Robert Blake’s Baretta? Rich has qualifications in psychology - therefore, he’s an expert in behavioural analysis and profiling.

Yes Rich, Polly the Parrot can make a return as your faithful offsider, ala Baretta!

In fact, is it possible that Rich was already in the dumpster, as part of his “undercover” job when he nabbed the Bear?

Maybe Sonny just reefed poor Rich out and then threw him back in again?

Sonny should’ve known: “Don’t do it!”,
    - keep your eye out for naughty Polly in the short intro:-

This content is protected

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  3. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Rumor is this contains the first known boxing film with young @Richard M Murrieta.

Richard M Murrieta and Pugguy like this.
  4. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    It just keeps giving, doesn’t it? Love the Mark Twain quote at the beginning - ain’t it the truth? I remember being one and rearing two. Prettied up the old Our Gang films too - they look great.

5. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    Always well worth it to look back on thread archives. This is an article detailing among other things, Arch, at a spritely 63 yo, KO’ing some strapping dude. Accurate or not, I love the description and it bears a certain authenticity in the relating. Certainly not the old cut and dried story of some, old ex champ knocking out three burglars with single, consecutive punches. This guy was no pushover but Arch dealt with him in appropriate fashion.

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/archie-moore-great-article.470878/

Stevie G likes this.
  6. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    One is the proverbial lost ball in the high grass.

Still trying to extricate themselves from their emphatically posited errors. Still going nowhere.

Still crying poor and falsely claiming “viciousness” - forever crying wolf.

Still incapable of bringing anything new to the table.

See the Jeffries thread.

No one is understanding the one because the one doesn't actually know what they’re talking about or comprehend what they’re being told.

These are just the facts. Some very significant, inherent issues there. Everyone else is fine.

7. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    More of the same extremely general, ego-based, unsupported claims.
    I bring up a few points, even repeatedly-they are continually ignored.
    By a single person, sadly trying to make it a "we" thing, to recruit support for their own personal agenda & grudge-unwilling to engage specifics, but happy to levy negative premises.

Referencing a thread where they show little knowledge & offer little, but feel heartened by a single light-hearted jest they hope to parlay into justifying a tribal alliance.
    Not dissimilar to a Jr. H.S. strategy to "get" someone, & for acceptance & popularity.

No matter how nicely they are handled-& even if I go out of my way not to personalize or diagnose problems that seem glaring & persistent...
    All we get is childish versions of "you are wrong because I am mad, you know nothing, & you are sick, sick I tell you"!

All we need is a maniacal & brittle, high pitched laugh to add to the empty insults. :eaea:

8. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    One self contradicts yet again having written “we have to wonder” in their second last post.

I related the cold facts of the other thread. One can’t deal in FACTs. No one understands what one is saying and one doesn’t comprehend what they’ve already been told.

But of course, same story, allegedly they’re ignoring or not answering one’s questions.

There is no appeal to anyone or an alliance - certainly not shooting up false flares, crying out to the mods as one is so often prone to.

No mistake, one is “trying” to insult but failing miserably. One is “trying” to advertise their position but failing in that regard also.

Just recently one accused another poster of being insecure - and then added a possible conclusion meant to insult that poster. Very hypocritical.

Treated in kind, one always folds like a cheap tent. Very soft.

Lol, I identify one’s cluelessness, as also exemplified in another thread and straight back they’re counter claiming a lack of knowledge on the other party’s part.

It doesn’t get any more puerile than that. And now reaching for one’s “security blanket” emojis.

Lol, “we” know who’s mad.

Hey, exactly in kind - try not to embarrass yourself and cry poor inequitably, but you were hyper sensitive to the suggestion of your own favoured finger waving emoji being reflective of repeated admonishments you might’ve received as a child - tsk, tsk….:nonono.

It’s not unheard of that such childhood reprimands can give rise to sanctimonious proclamations in adulthood - the very same
    type of decrees one is infamous for.

As I said, everyone’s fine. The one, not so. Inherent issues.

And STILL, one has absolutely nothing new to add.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  9. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Gee, How did you guess buddy? I tried to keep this a secret, Ha Ha.

Saintpat likes this.
  10. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Baretta (1975-1977) was my favorite cop show of all time, remember Rooster, the pimp, Billy his roommate, his blue 1966 Chevrolet Impala, and who can forget Fred, his bird that was later replaced by Naughty Polly, the Parrot, who saw plenty of time in Tokyo, Japan during Mike Tyson's title losing bout on Feb 11 1990 against James Buster Douglas, TKO 10. Polly was dropping Doo Doo on the canvas so a conspiracy theory could begin, a fast count, Ha Ha. The Bear would be a hard arrest, I had to leave a huge jar of honey, I put on the label, A Gift From Cassius Clay ( Muhammad Ali), To My Favorite Bear. Cleveland Williams was seen hanging around with Choklab, discussing his favorite William's victories, Ha Ha. Big Ernie Terrell helped me nab The Bear as Sonny was taking a nip of Clay's gift near a friendly neighborhood Dumpster, Ernie wrapped his arms around Liston, just then Geraldine Liston arrived with Leotis Martin, Geraldine yelled at Terrell, This Is My Man, Only I can Touch Him. Williams who was nearby yelled back from the alley, I Already Did in 1959 and 1960, Ask Choklab, He Can Tell You. Naughty Polly The Parrot arrives with Dirty Ref Octavio Meyran, Polly says Once They Grab You, A Fantasy Fight With Mike Tyson Will Begin. Liston holds out his hands and says, Cuff Me, and Hawaii 50's Danno says, I Booked Him Without McGarrett Telling Me To. They all leave singing, We Are Off To See The Wizard. Ha Ha. Pugguy, I really loved your post too by the way.

Stevie G and Pugguy like this.
  11. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    Great stuff Rich. Baretta was a fun show - intro theme was cool also. In looking up that theme to link it I saw the full blown version of the song - sung by Sammy Davis Jr. I never knew he sang that.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  12. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    The quantity of extremely general vitriol is astonishing.
    Other things are Pure Fantasy-like it is known who is being reported for abuse & when.
    They also got a ban for things I never reported, nothing to do with me-& unrepentant for indisputably vicious conduct.
    But very public is the seeking of alliances, support, the utterly false use of "we" think or feel a certain way---> that is what is embarrassing-as is the inability to recognize kindnesses, goodwill, specific credit when due...

It is divorced from reality that I was upset by an emoji-but since they
    I was, & then add the malicious fantasies about imagined childhood trauma...using that same one shows an intention beyond childish-extending to cruel.
    Heck I stopped the "triggered" one, even though it only described obvious unhinged reactions, not inventing pathologizing insane "diagnoses" like sociopath-when it was clear it could not be handled.

It is hard to suss out meaning with the way some of the attacks are handled-it is unclear what the allegedly insecure/hypocritical comment was about, or how it was supposed to be unfair-since no context is provided.
    What IS clear is that for a lonely, solitary voice,
    I write will be viewed in a comically biased & irrational light.
    Like someone who just reacts to say race, if they see I said it; we get a near maniacal attack mode, lol!

Just crazily absolutist & extreme positions like "nobody understands what you are saying" & "you comprehend nothing", despite numerous friendly exchanges over a decade & recently- statistically almost all showing mutual understanding, often enough compliments & respect...

Thus how can anyone take someone
    who says-I am more concerned about believes-against all evidence, that nothing is understood & nobody know what you are saying?!?

Factually, nobody sane could believe such opinions are not...Unhinged.
    Or at best said in a pathetic, grade-school, taunting attempt to be hurtful.
    I would use a merely doleful emoji to stress such a dismaying point, as this is among countless facts & analyses that anyone objective will agree with.
    But it seems that almost anything unbalances a very delicate mental equilibrium, so I will refrain.

But this is clearly the territory of the obsessive.
    Plus reason-free resentment; not healthy & rational behavior.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  13. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    The one continues to indulge in much double talk. At the end of their last indulgent rant one states “but I will refrain” in all contradiction.

The one, true to form, plays like a dog with a bone, ears/closed when a prior claim has been quashed.

As already profiled, in ALL hypocrisy, one is crying attempts from the other side to be “hurtful”.

No, what I’ve stated is fact: as observed and as has been stated to me by several members otherwise of their OWN volition. There’s no alliance (which does scream paranoia to now go on that tact) - there is simply like-thinking folks - as proven, not assumed.

All this is nothing that the one hasn’t expressed himself toward numerous posters - but by way of incredibly overt double standards - the incomings that are the same as the one’s outgoings are inequitably deemed as “hurtful”.

There are no issues at this end. There are, however, a number of issues obviously residing with the other party who has deemed a disproportionate number of fellow members to be biased, unhinged, emotionally impaired, mean, cruel, vicious etc.

The true proof of projection and insecurity is when the one individual makes the same nonsensical claims against numerous posters - the one being the stand alone common denominator for such sanctimonious assertions - the essence of those assertions exactly fitting one’s own character profile and related conduct.

And still, nothing new or different to add - but others are obsessed? Sheesh.

14. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    Ah I have seen favor sought & even references to posts that are nothingburgers but presented at best mistakenly as others having like-minded, extreme, pathologizing opinions.
    My point stands that my interactions have been overwhelmingly friendly, peaceable, & indisputably all parties felt & were understood.
    Now there is certainly a kernel of truth about a tiny %, but decent # of posts over time where I have condemned mean, abusive, racist, sexist &/or otherwise hateful or cruel conduct.

No specifics were even alluded to.
    But if shown the whole of our exchanges, I am happy to prove how what I objected to was not the same as what I have said in other places.
    Nor did I traffic in just throwing out names, mockery, &/or group hate speech.
    But it is a virtue to condemn & accurately describe words & actions

15. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    Aside from still plying clinical falsehoods and not honestly addressing the proven truths re one’s self, still nothing new…..insufferably boring.