Once and For All: Fury-Vlad & AJ-Vlad are NOT Equal Wins

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Slyk, Oct 12, 2021.

1. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Does it matter? Wilder almost got killed

2. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Which makes the pre fight excuses ridiculous. Anyone that saw the first 2 fights knew something extraordinary would need to take place for Wilder to have a chance, but these so-called Fury fans were so worried they felt the need to cover all their bases just in case. LOL

3. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Fury beat a better wlad but he won playing spoiler and barely threw any punches and that does matter

4. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Nobody remembers the Fury v Wlad fight. It was a awful fight and more like a tickling contest than boxing fight.

Also the only reason Wlad was inactive before the AJ fight was down to Fury who pulled out of two rematches.

5. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    I said comfy, and I meant what I said.

Fight #1

Fight #2

Fight #3

Never wavered. Never prepared excuses.

6. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Cool. That being said, if that damn heavy costume of Wilders was a few pounds lighter, he would have torn Fury a new one! LOL

navigator likes this.
  7. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    AJ splatted Vlad, Fury hugged and tickled his way to a drab points win. Thus is what people remember

8. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Klitschko vs Fury was an insult to boxing's marquee championship and a disgrace for which both men should be ashamed. Hardly deserves to be called a win for either man. We'll never know how many fans/potential fans were lost that night. Happily, both men have since redeemed themselves and are deserved of some measure of respect in the pantheon of Heavyweight Champions. Well done, boys!

AJ vs Klitschko was a great fight that shed lustre on the crown at stake and covered both men in glory. In this fight, Wlad redeems himself even in defeat.

These two events don't deserve to share a thread. One was a war in which skill was not lacking and the display of great courage was unmistakable.

The other was two oafs dancing the Macarena in fear of mussing their hair.

Fully agree. Not equal.

9. Brumsongs

Brumsongs Member Full Member

May 29, 2021
    Aj fans are the new Wilder fans. Getting girlier by the day.

navigator likes this.
  10. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017

11. BELLERS

BELLERS Active Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    I'm not a fan of AJ or Fury.
    Wlad v Fury was as dull as any fight I've watched, but Fury won against the odds.
    People say 'Wlad was an old man v AJ' etc etc (obviously Fury fans), either way you look at it he was in fantastic shape, he desperately wanted his title back.
    AJ's was the better fight by a mile, probably the better performance too, but it's close.