Only Beterbiev beats Canelo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by UniversalPart, May 8, 2021.

1. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Canelo will beat Beterbiev and end his career at the top level.

2. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Not even close.

3. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Canelo isn't a light heavy. Bivol and Arthur would beat him soundly for the same reasons Canelo would soundly beat Spence and Terry

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  4. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    their plan was to eventually unify 175, thats why they offered bivol the fight before kovalev. he turned it down, kovalev took it. my reasoning would be that they were saving the dominant champ for last, while reynoso acclimatized him to the new weight. but now beve is very much in their site for next year, probably cinco again.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  5. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    If Benavidez is as skilled as his brother, he’s a real threat.

6. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    After Canelo beats him, everyone will say he's shot.

7. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Ha, look how fast ppl. grabbed the crown for most overrated off sLomo's head after both a skilled veteran and a complete novice beat Notrix, only to put it on the head of someone shining in a criminally weak division. I think Nelo handles Betterbieber with ease, despite the obvious site and power difference, perhaps with a little beef as a side dish which never hurts.

8. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I use to think both would destroy canelo but now I'm not so sure, looking at their last fight each neither looked like they had anything that would trouble him.

I think canelo unifies, waits for a bit more ageing in those 2, then steps up

TipNom and JamesLightsOutToney like this.
  9. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Yeah, he now is more careful with his shenangians and cherry picking after missed with 36 years old Floyd Jr and he does know how ppl who are not his fans had scored his fights vs GGG, Lara and even rounds vs Kova and Khan, laughable.

Belts, judges cards are for canelo fans only.
    Best joke was Khan fight.

Okey, this Smith he really had outboxed and looked more skilled than he too.

MagicE likes this.
  10. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    I'll always give credit where it's due.

11. Anima

Anima Kinetic Link Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    If the fight is anything competitve, Canelo would never lose.

Floyd schooled him elementary to college and he only got an MD. So yeah, KO canelo or take all the rounds and you beat him.

Surrix likes this.
  12. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Ofc, cos Canelo did not had fought with prime Kov and when Eleider had beated him in one fight, then okey, lost rematch, then Kovalev was in serious danger vs Yarde and then Kovalev was good to pick up.

Things like 30-34 y.o Gvozdyk and 30-35 y.o Beterbiev version he too didn't had picked up to fight with for a reason.
    Beat Kovalev's wreck and moved back down in weight class.

Now he is lurking who with enough well known name will be enough declined and over the hill.:D

Yeah, he will not get from me any credit due to his fans, they usually are calling all his opponents as bums who had beat nobody, are hyped up hype jobs etc. Then they demands big credit when Canelo had won.

If I will talk more openly, soon Canelo fans will be more crazy than Wilder's and Conor fans tothether and bring up internet talks till insane crazy level. They are one from most obsessed fans.

13. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    If you are not Floyd Jr in Vegas your only road to win Canelo is beg to the God not get DQ and KO Canelo out cold.
    Nothing else and he does not fights vs boxers who are able to KO him.

14. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I don't just mean about giving credit.

When a fighter the age of Beterbiev loses its way age will always be a factor. If they lose badly, claims of shot get sung.

15. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Ohh, I usually consider age as valid factor also for Holmes etc, until some fans start to point indirectly like other boxers were in their prime always.
    Shot is different meaning, for example for Kovalev vs Ward and Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez 1 st fight, I don't think that he might be shot.
    Maybe a bit aging vs Alvarez.
    Vs Yarde: already shot but not completely and then after Yarde he yeah, was done.

Age factor, for example like if compare Holmes from 1981 vs 1988 th only dumb ppl will not see difference between these version or like prime pov or over the hill and sorry, over the hill he was in 3 fights before fight vs A.J. Not shot but over the hill and aging.