Opinion piece: Joshua IS a mentally shot fighter.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wig, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    I'm calling it. I've had my suspicions on big josh for a while, just rewatched Joshua USKY again and round twelve was a stone cold rag dolling by USKY. Properly manhandled Josh around the ring, beat the fight out of him.

Big Josh COLLAPSED onto his stool and was GRIMACING in pain. USKY was celebrating his victory. This was before the cards are announced but they all know USKY has just taken Big Josh's soul in that last round. Josh somehow romanticising defeat, wallowing in it? Why not stay standing?

BRUTHA USKY is incredbile. Shifts up the gears in the last round, just like that. Josh was shattered. Usky shows him another gear. This is brutal psychologically for Joshua, I see a brutal KO in the rematch. Joshua is now a mentally shot fighter in my opinion.

What do you think?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  2. JibzBox

JibzBox New Member banned Full Member

Oct 1, 2021
    Yes Usyk is amazing.

And @Olu G. Rotimi is now a mentally shot poster. He will never be the same after this.

3. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I think his team have been trying to follow the Wlad template after the Ruiz loss. Which is after a shock loss, adopt a style that may be boring and robotic for fans but effective, a style based on a jab and not over committing. It hasn't worked though, he should probably go back to being more reckless, throwing bombs and emptying the tank in the first half of the fight. It's more entertaining for the fans and even though he's more likely to get sparked at least he could land something big. Or he's just lost the eye of the tiger and needs to go to a rough Californian gym, learn to dance and do some sprints down the beach with Apollo creed

4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Nope, **** this thread.

**** you for starting it.

Skyver likes this.
  5. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Lol
    The big man has gone mentally, he’s just manufactured that’s all. A good on top fighter, no heart imo when the going gets tough

gmurphy and Oneirokritis like this.
  6. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Agreed. He’s obviously very good, but has been well managed and IMO only taken 2 real risks in his career. The rest he’s been a heavy favourite and always had a stacked deck.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up taking another surprising loss (Dillian Whyte perhaps) before he retires.

7. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    It’s obvious IMO what he needs to do. Stop overthinking and get in there and overpower, lean on, smash anything that moves.

Aa soon as he goes technical he turns into Bruno.

And ye, don’t forget your cardio. Not too many clips of crazy power gym work being shown in the latter part of his career which may show he hasn’t put it in cardio wise hence he melts.

Gatekeeper, Glenn McKrory and Potwash like this.
  8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Bruno had more power

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Emu is turning into a pudding with every post - he has fell apart before our eyes.

The mother of all meltdowns and has not taken the Joshua loss well at all.

10. First Round KO

First Round KO Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    USKY?

11. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    He was screaming in pain, but then, when called to the centre by the ref, seemed to recover miraculously. I've never seen another boxer behave like this.
    After the verdict he didn't do an interview but strode back to the changing rooms swinging his arms trying to look like 10 men.

gmurphy, Oneirokritis, Safin and 2 others like this.
  12. Tomatron

Tomatron Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2021
    If you were Joshua, what would you do to give yourself the best chance of recapturing the world championship?

For all of the bravado, the interviews talking about him being hungry, I get the feeling he doesn’t truly believe in himself, he has hired sports psychologists in the past I am not sure if he is continuing with them.

Would you go with a new trainer? Cut the team down to manageable size? Switch location?

13. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    He needs a whole new setup with somebody in control rather than a bunch of keepers who let him do what he thinks is best. Only a deluded fool would think he could outbox Usyk with that set of attributes. This is Amir Khan level delusion.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Oneirokritis and Mugen38 like this.
  14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Crazy random thought of the day but how about we get billy graham working with rob mckracken for the usyk fight. One guy that knew how to work on offence. Totally wrong guy for joshua in terms of style...but for the usyk fight...getting the body bag out might actually help.

Could say it never helped hatton with mayweather but tbf usyks not quite as hard to find as mayweather was.

Joshuas chin is either complete glass or their trying to keep his good looks with his fighting from distance. At some point you,ve got to learn how to fight. Billy graham could help him with that i reckon.

Mckrackens got joshua fighting like an amatuer tbf usyk also quite an amatuer style. But the difference is joshua could potentially be a wrecking machine.

15. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Wasn't Graham suffering from arthritis when he retired 13 years ago?
    Should Joshua stay at the lottery funded GB amateur set up?