Opinions of DAZN coverage

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, Aug 1, 2021.

1. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    You say that like Disney aren't an institution that hasn't been around for over 70 years.

Astro likes this.
  2. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Yes! Get Dull Darren Barkey, Carl Wembley Froch, and The Hayemaker on there!

Astro likes this.
  3. hobby rider

hobby rider Active Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Netflix also have a lot more subscribers which shocked me as well.

4. Astro

Astro Active Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    You can't compare DAZN with Disney+ and Netflix.

By the way : Thinking of ordering Canelo vs GGG 3 on DAZN UK PPV. Does anyone know if it is available the next day ? I won't be up all night but will watch it sunday morning (if it´s possible ?)

Mr Humble likes this.
  5. Mr Humble

Mr Humble New Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2022
    When DAZN attempt to link themselves to others with phrases such as Netflix of Sport, then they should be rightly judged by comparing subscriber levels.

The reality is that DAZN is more like a 2nd hand furniture shop than a supermarket.

6. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I don't think I've heard anyone from DAZN use the term "Netflix of Sport" in a long time, but it's true that's how the service was launched and it's obviously wrong. It has been very disappointing.

Mr Humble likes this.
  7. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    I think the best option for DAZN now would be to essentially become what FITE TV is. Make sign up free and then just charge on a fight-per-fight basis (adjust cost accordingly to each fight). That way people aren't locked in to a subscription fee & can just pick and choose which fights to pay for.

I Shot JR likes this.
  8. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    You know I think we could actually see this maybe happen. Good call

9. kobashi

Jan 2, 2010
    50m of them subscribers are cricket mad IPL fans in India. Disney recently lost the streaming rights and analysts predict 20m will leave.

10. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I dont believe that. DAZN's entire business model is to build a permanent customer base. If your theory were to be implemented then Matchroom had no chance of organizing Nxt gen events as no one would buy such a event as PPV.

11. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    But if there was no subscription fee and they charged a fiver for a Next Gen show, most boxing fans would pay a fiver for a night of boxing when it comes to it whereas if they just see a few months of schedule that doesn’t stand out they might just think fook it and cancel.

mgmark7, VanBasten and Astro like this.
  12. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    It takes 3 months for most subscribers to cancel if they don’t see value. Same thing with gyms.

providing DAZN put a card on every 3 months that peaks most fans interest then you will find a great deal of subs will stay on for another 3 months

13. kobashi

Jan 2, 2010
    I am talking about a time in the future when they are on there last legs. I still standing by my prediction DAZN UK cease to exist within 3 years. Now let's see if If in 3 years I look like a right idiot. Lol

14. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    If the basic subscription was £2 a month for the current domestic/overseas cards then that would be absolutely fine- £8 a month is daylight robbery.

DAZN UK really need to work out if they want to acquire more sports rights in the medium to long term- if not I don’t see how they continue in their current format.

There surely cannot be any more than 100k people subscribing to DAZN UK at the current time.

15. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    You’ll look smarter than people who are paying for this, lol.