Opinions of DAZN coverage

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, Aug 1, 2021.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
  2. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Active Member Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Does my brains in. Every time you see a Matchroom show now, Eddie has his own microphone, implying he'll talk as long as he wants. Even at the Canelo-GGG weigh-in last week FFS.

I guess people would say "the boxer probably can't hold a microphone" etc, but if Ade can point it in their face, why not Eddie too? Sky always managed it. Matchroom Media eh!

3. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Handsome Beef Cake Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I'm sure that is a great number comparatively. I just assumed more people globally watched fights of this magnitude. I had no idea how much of a niche sport boxing has become, I'm genuinely shocked by such a low number. ESPN gets 1.7 for an average UFC card (according to them anyway) I'd just expect Canelo to have way more than that.

4. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog Swinging on Hearn’s nuts Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Safe to say that ticket sales for Hughes vs Galahad on Saturday aren’t going well. Just had an email with an offer for £6.50 a ticket.

rezzer likes this.
  5. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Still not a single undercard fight announced for Lil Eubank v Lil Benn 16 days out.

6. DramaShow

DramaShow 18 Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Josh Warrington vs Luis Alberto Lopez in Leeds on December 10th. Great test for Warrington against a Mexican who has beat Gabriel Flores Jr and Isaac Lowe.

Only fight listed on boxrec for the undercard is May Romero against Ellie Scotney for the European Title. Romero beat Amy Timlin on a DAZN Spain show recently. It's embarrassing no formal announcement has been made so close to a fight like that.

7. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Dazn just launched a new betting service in the UK creatively named Dazn BET.

This is great news as what can be done is going down your local (anglers), saving your ppv fee and using said saved fee to place bets on their platform. If you’re a boxing guru with unrivalled knowledge like myself, 90% of the time you will win. Basically, you’re getting paid to watch ppv fights and you’re running the broadcaster (Dazn) into the ground. Win win.

I’ve been doing this to Sky for the past 3 years but I will follow Eddie to Dazn now and continue to wreak havoc on his business

littlebrain likes this.
  8. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Just for clarity ESPN is in 80 million households and has not had a PPV in boxing with over 1m buys in years. DAZN has circa 12.5m subscribers currently and has done. So for them as a relatively new PPV platform it is a good result.

UFC may pull those numbers on their standard platform. But their PPVs rarely pull those numbers outside of the likes of McGregor.. The biggest of the year is circa 400k buys so far and most fall into the 200-300k range. The difference with UFC is they pull those numbers 5/6 times a year. Boxing on the other hand rarely even pulls those numbers let alone the Canelo numbers

9. Astro

Astro Active Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    Just saw an interview with Eddie Hearn where he feels the whole world is against him. He's getting paranoid :)

10. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Looking like it’s possible that Whyte vs Chisora 3 is in the works for November

11. Astro

Astro Active Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    They need a new broadcasting team. Costello has been a disaster and the so-called experts are worthless.

aaaaa likes this.
  12. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Handsome Beef Cake Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I have no doubt promoters and broadcasters have access to the very best experts in their fields when it comes to data analytics, accountants, market stratagists etc, but is the US model really the optimum model when it comes to PPV pricing? Instead of the $70 to $80 range, how many buys would a consistent cap of say, $20 to 30 do in the US? Is 4 million buys out of the question or is the typical PPV price the sweet spot for generating as much revenue as possible.

13. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
  14. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    The capitalist ideology which the broadcasters etc etc all sign up to does not allow the idea of reducing the cost of the US PPV business model in such a big fashion.

15. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020