Opinions of DAZN coverage

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, Aug 1, 2021.

Have they?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Am I correct in reading that these games are free to air on Youtube so you don't need a DAZN subscription to watch them ? More DAZN content with the IPL starting from this week, but the games will also be live on Sky so makes no real difference.

I like the reruns of their fight cards though they show throughout the day. Reminds me of BoxNation.

Astro likes this.
  2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I have 0 interest in the actual champions league let alone women's

If they picked up EFL so I could watch Luton then I'd be game

3. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    I believe the free to air ends this season and next season only available to DAZN subscribers only.

Astro and DramaShow like this.
  4. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Yes I was just pointing out that the women's game seems to be growing in audience as well as DAZN are saying millions are watching via DAZN rather than youtube which is what matters as they will get exclusivity soon.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    DramaShow likes this.
  5. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    This content is protected

Hearn v War Chisora

Astro likes this.
  6. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    So Virgin Media customers are getting the DAZN app on their boxes soon. They can buy a £20 PPV for this weekend's fight which also includes a month's subscription - not the best deal, but presumably the only one they could get the Joshua access over the line quickly.

[url]https://dazngroup.com/press-room/new-dazn-and-virgin-media-o2-partnership-kicks-off-with-ppv-access-to-anthony-joshua-fight/[/url]

Surprising they're going for the app rather than a linear channel. Feels crazy to do one thing on Sky but differently on Virgin.

Beale likes this.
  7. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Was checking the timing difference last week between the DAZN UK HD Channel on Sky Channel 429 and the streaming app for the women's champions league football - it was 45 secs behind on the app.

Will check again tonight for the Arsenal W v Bayern Munich W live on DAZN UK.

Astro and DramaShow like this.
  8. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    It was on freeview from 13:00 - 14:45 today so I watched the Joshua Franklin undercard and main press conference on the TV.

Say if one person watches on the app and the other on the TV, then that means on the app you are almost a minute behind right ? I don't understand why someone would choose the app over having it on Sky / Virgin to be honest.

Astro and Beale like this.
  9. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    The DAZN UK channel on Sky has been great in the first week.

Only 25 seconds behind for the Arsenal Women's game so improving on the app.

A sad gooner has phoned me from the Emirates and the SKY HD TV Channel is also 23 seconds behind the live clock.

DAZN UK TV 23 secs behind
    DAZN UK app 48 secs behind

Astro likes this.
  10. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Stanionis Ortiz on April 29 has been postponed as Ortiz is apparently injured. I wonder when they will announce the May 27 show.

11. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    DAZN can close my app tomorrow. I don't use it after the DAZN 1 HD tv channel is up and running on the Sky box.

There is a huge difference in picture and sound quality. A real pleasure to watch DAZN on Sky :)

Bob Flaps, Beale and DramaShow like this.
  12. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    It’s been a big few days for DAZN. As long as AJ doesn’t lose it’ll have been a great week for them.

13. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Agree

It feels great being able to watch this in HD on Sky and the programme schedule has been much better than expected with a great build up to the fight this week.

The main difference is that that channel hopping is easy on Sky and I would not bother logging in and searching the app for the content.

Astro likes this.
  14. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    120,000 people are watching Arsenal Bayern in the Champions League Women’s Quarter Final on Youtube. I’m surprised it’s that high to be honest, but to be fair more people have started watching women’s football since Sky Sports started pushing it after securing WSL rights last year.

Beale and Astro like this.
  15. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    This is a trend that we have seen in recent times.

Just wait for Women's World Cup 2023 this summer. The viewing figures world wide will be record high.

DramaShow and Beale like this.