Opinions of DAZN coverage

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, Aug 1, 2021.

Have they?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The French Lad was up by 3 when the fight was stopped - incredible cards

2. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I had him up by more but yes there were some close rounds and Charrat being up by 3 was the best Lejarraja could have hoped for.

Hearn was talking up Lejarraga before the fight and how he fights under him and how he was gonna match him up with the English 154s so the result was always a foregone conclusion.

Jurgen likes this.
  3. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    On a side note, Amazon Prime had the exclusive rights for the US Open Tennis yet allowed the women's final to be shown to the masses on Channel 4.

Cracking exposure for Amazon with millions watching - Earn take note!!!!!

4. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Enjoyed watching it too. By no means a tennis fan but tuned in to watch the British lass... how many people would do the same for boxing. They’re missing a trick.

Jurgen likes this.
  5. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Agreed but there were plenty of Spanish shows that preceded it to help build the platform forst

6. Big Lou dog

Big Lou dog Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2021
    I’ve also now cancelled. I’ll be willing to resubscribe for a month here and there if there’s something I really want to see live but I’m not prepared to pay it on an ongoing basis with the shape of things currently.

7. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Begging emails coming thick and fast to reactivate DAZN but not paying £7.99 per month for 18 cards per year with only Smith v Fowler scheduled which would normally be on Sky Sports.

Once the Sky Sports boxing starts, there is plenty of boxing to watch along with BT and Channel 5.

8. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    I think everyone can afford 8 quid a month mate, but I’m not going to pay it when the cards are crap. Saw an example on here before which was spot on - you wouldn’t keep going to a coffee shop which serves up crap coffee.

Big Lou dog and Jurgen like this.
  9. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    With Sky/BT/C5 you have access to Boxxer, Top Rank, the big PBC fights, Queensberry and Hennessy Sports shows. Probably even AJ cards going forward too. Everything covered apart from Matchroom and Golden Boy and Golden Boy will be leaving DAZN soon anyway. More than enough boxing across those 3 channels to not miss the crap served up by Matchroom.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    Inglis_1, Clarkey, Gatekeeper and 2 others like this.
  10. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Exactly, I have enough money to pay for a 50 quid loaf of bread, but why on earth would I buy it?

Wizbit1013, aaaaa, Jurgen and 3 others like this.
  11. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I have seen people saying DAZN have 250,000 plus subs in the UK and I just really struggle to believe it.

12. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Yeah I don't believe that for a second, I'd be interested to see how many cancellations they get after the price hike

13. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Supposedly on the back of canelo vs bjs.

But a 4am fight involving a UK fighter who would struggle to sell out York Hall. It just don't seem possible.

I think they might be quoting UK app downloads but not actual subs

sniffmybadger and aaaaa like this.
  14. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Any idea when Eddie announces any new shows in the US?

15. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    Garcia v Martin soon and one in December apparently.

On a side note, how bad has Mikey Garcia been managed ffs. 4 weight world champ and could have gone down as one of the best of his era to fighting European level guys nobody has heard of. In hindsight taking the Spence fight was his undoing.

TBC-ASAP likes this.