Opinions of DAZN coverage

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Riordo

Riordo New Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If DAZN take over B.T sport surely they will have to honour existing contracts.
    Would this mean Frank and Eddie's shows on the same network?
    Maybe they could make some of those fantasy fights that were talked about last year.

Scissors likes this.
  2. No idea

No idea Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2021
    How long does Frank have left on his contract ?

3. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Issue would be that Eddie is working with a £20m budget and Frank would have his existing budget.

My guess is we would see no nation back ASAP.Franks cards would need to be approved by DAZN and we coils say goodbye to cards of 8 prospects against journeyman

4. N17

N17 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Spot on :lol:

5. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    There is probably a get out clause in effect for both parties
    You misunderstood me. I said lunacy if they were to buy BT sport and keep all existing contracts for the price of £7.99. I can definitely see why DAZN would be interested as they would get a ready made TV studio day 1 for example.

Be interesting to see what happens going forward as BT has has held talks with DAZN, Amazon and Disney.

When you see the amount of money BT has gone through to run the BT sport business you can see why they are happy to sell the business. Crazy money with no profit!

This content is protected

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Gatekeeper and Trafford like this.
  6. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Never really took notice of the documentaries on DAZN but ‘Boxing’s Eastern Corner’ is worth a watch.

Koli55 likes this.
  7. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
  8. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017

Chris bowling a lovely line and length this morning. A few knicked off and couple missing the the straight ball.

Great spell

Jurgen likes this.
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Conmen

10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    This is true but the difference is DAZN are not public. I suspect they will go public eventually.

DAZN would have launched in the UK knowing they will lose money. That's just a given. The difference between DAZN and say eleven sports or setanta is they can take the losses.

Remember there were stories of BT wanting to get out of the business of sports rights before DAZN launched in the UK and they probably strategically decided launching in the UK late last year was the best time as a competitor was exiting the market.

What they should do depending on contracts is only take the BT content which actually matters.

They don't need all the content BT has. They just need the content which drives subscriptions.

UFC will be interesting as UFC mandates that the coverage must be avaliable via TV so if DAZN want UFC they will need to do a deal with sky and virgin so are avaliable via the set top box (like netflix is).

I don't quite understand why BT Sport recently were still looking to aquire rights like cricket Australia when they are selling the business.

11. Bumnard_Hopkins

Bumnard_Hopkins Burger King banned Full Member

Jul 13, 2021
    Ofc. Can't spend big for years without going public.

12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Shame as that would have been a great fight.

13. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    BT Sport are still acquiring rights- today they announced Futsal coverage for three years. Small potatoes but if DAZN were to announce a deal soon they’d need to pause BT hoovering up more sports rights.

Totally possible that BT Sport is broken up and certain sports (like UFC which needs a linear TV presence) go elsewhere. DAZN ultimately may only really be interested in football, rugby and perhaps cricket/MotoGP.

14. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Fck me Hearn is talking about Benn vs Chris Algieri ffs.

15. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Ticks all the boxes