Opinions of DAZN coverage

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, Aug 1, 2021.

Have they?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    People saying Jama would be better ringside (including me) but I'm not so sure, she has zero knowledge of boxing, belts, promoters, weight divisions, rivalries, venues etc she would embarrass herself on live TV and be unable to ask any meaningful questions. I wonder if the producers have realised this and that's why she's in the studio. Let's be honest, with that level of knowledge and interest in the sport the best place for her is carrying a ring card in between rounds.

Koli55, im sparticus and destruction like this.
  2. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Haha. Although to be fair, I’m not sure he was particularly on screen more than during those peak periods with Sky, like when he was a pundit on NXTGEN, and he’d be the focus and dominant personality of any post-fight interview instead of the actual fighters.

Not much to add on top of what others have said. Lee wasn’t great. Jama didn’t have a clue what was going on. Woods might not have had a clue what was going on, but her style and ‘bantz’ does a great job of hiding any gaps in knowledge.

Didn’t seem a particularly more biased or ‘homer’ broadcast than what Sky were putting out, which was fair enough.

3. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Bit harsh buddy. She did a pretty good job and has good experience in sport.

Not a surprise Dave Coldwell followed her straight afterwards on Instagram

4. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I don’t like the partnership of Jama and Bellew. Tony isn’t going anywhere so should be used as an analyst.

Channel 5 have the right idea with presentation of boxing which is based off American coverage- Anchor/Pundit/Analyst with a reporter/interviewer. It really isn’t rocket science and there really should be no excuse from Matchroom given their resources.

I understand the want to innovate but the broadcast was certainly a step down from Sky’s coverage on Saturday.

im sparticus likes this.
  5. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Echoing others, i din't think it was too bad outside of Maya Jama & Bellew.

As stunning as Jama is, she just seems like an actual TV show presenter, even if it she were in another sport, i just don't think it would work. & Bellew just upped his knobhead act.

Woods is very good and should be doing Jama's role, as others have said

6. BritBox

BritBox Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Board of Control don’t allow ring card girls right now due to COVID regulations on events. Would mean that those ghost busters in the white suits would Have to clean the ring after every round

Here's Johnny and pow like this.
  7. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Bet they would with Kugan knocking around the dirty old man.

8. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Typical Coldwell. He's a sexpest.

Probably in her DMs now saying, "you did well babe, you looked really sexy, let me know if you're free for a catch up some time" amongst other assorted lewd comments.

He's married yet he's known for hitting on other married women.

Thats why you cannot trust the bloke at all. He's got zero morals.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  9. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Otherwise known as Enzo Maccarinellitis. The thirstiest man in boxing.

10. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    I've heard he's even tried it on with his mate's wives on this forum :confundio1:

BXNG101 likes this.
  11. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    I liked it when David Haye took the **** out of him during the Haye-Bellew buildup.

12. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    I think everyone loved that mate.

13. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Come across Coldwell plenty of times. Lives round the corner from me, my mum teaches his kid and my dad is mates with one of his relatives... and I can confirm he is in fact a horrible slimy little squirt of a man away from the cameras too.

BXNG101, DramaShow and Jurgen like this.
  14. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Dunno why TV think men want to watch totally clueless dolly bird presenters when we can watch hardcore X rated stuff any time of the day if we were so inclined.

I didn't watch as I was out. And will be for the other two fight camp nights...

I fully expect they will change things around that don't work. Tbf they were asking for feedback on twitter.

BXNG101 likes this.
  15. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Personally i couldn't care less, i just enjoy watching the fights, and to be fair to DAZN i actually enjoyed the show, no issues with it whatsoever.

When it comes to the commentary though i tend to just ignore it, it is not good for my receding hairline if i start to listen to Bellew again!!