Opinions of DAZN coverage

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, Aug 1, 2021.

Have they?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Not unless Joe Joyce is now boxing Nathan Gorman on the undercard all of a sudden.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  2. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    It would make the evening if Jim returned.

A real boxing man with some gems in those long paragraphs and no comma or full stop will stop him in full flow.

A Box Office Night deserves a Box Office Poster.

How do we contact the forum's amnesty dept.?

3. Legs are shaky

Legs are shaky Member Full Member

May 25, 2023
    Just seen David Haye has rocked up , painful

Vantage_West, Beale and Sonny1 like this.
  4. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Haha, your post made me laugh and I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but David is a great guy and has time for the fans (mainly because he loves being recognised), unlike some other boxers who come across as twats. Sadly in our game we have plenty of them and not enough similar to the likes of top bloke Anthony Crolla.

5. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Great cruiserweight career but he is very dishonest as a pundit.

His role appears be flogging PPVs and we have also heard him state many times fights are 50/50 contests when in reality 90/10 is more realistic.

rezzer likes this.
  6. namnitodf

namnitodf New Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2023
    He's predicting Usyk to win but it to be ruled a MD, just filled my boots w/ Fury. R Kelly is owed many a drink with the money I've made off his predictions.

Beale likes this.
  7. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Just waiting on the big names rolling down the red carpet and expecting Dereck Chisora to be appearing soon on the back of a camel wearing a Where's My Loot? T Shirt.

Last edited: May 16, 2024
  8. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    So someone told me DAZN is doing a free month if you buy the PPV as a new customer, and they're happy as it gets them Taylor-Catterall free. Had to ask if they knew about cancelling very quickly to avoid paying the second month but they don't seem that bothered!

9. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
  10. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Beale likes this.
  11. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Pointed out above re TNT Sports on the Amazon thread but did not realise that the DAZN UK coverage is 1 minute delayed broadcast on a stream for Sky viewers.

No wonder @DramaShow did not have a DAZN UK subscription - a man before his time.

rezzer and Bob Flaps like this.
  12. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Yep, we were merely followers in that respect!

Beale likes this.
  13. syldave

syldave Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Don’t mistake this for defending DAZN but that’s not them being ****, that’s the nature of internet streaming, if you got Sky Glass/Stream it’s the same a minute behind satellite.

If you have glass/stream go to channel 921 HD or 922 UHD they are currently testing a low latency version of sky sports main event, it knocks 20-30 seconds off what you get on 401, the channels are hidden from the tv guide so just punch the numbers in with the remote.

Beale likes this.
  14. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Still on Sky Q until the streams are quicker.

Noticed the Premier League Football on Amazon Prime was 60 seconds behind when they first started to cover football but this was down to 21 secs when they pulled out.

15. syldave

syldave Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I switched to Sky Stream back in November, when comparing it ti the FotMob scores they were 30 seconds behind, watching the football on the 922 low latency channel games are now anything from 5-20 seconds ahead of the app, I believe they intend to have all the Sky Sports channel in low latency by the end of the year, getting notifications etc ahead of the tv will be a thing of the past once they properly roll this out.

Beale likes this.