Opinions of DAZN coverage

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, Aug 1, 2021.

Have they?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Why foes the cynic in me think Eddie will finally reveal subscriber numbers the month after 3 straight PPV events

2. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    Isn't that a little too smart ? DAZN must be careful not to let customers turn their backs on them. I am well aware that there is always a summer break in boxing, but I really hope for Eddie Hearn / Matchroom UK that they call a press conference where they present their plans for regular events and PPV events this autumn. Customers then have the opportunity to decide on DAZN's product.

3. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Disney Plus have 152 million subscribers.
    DAZN don't even have anywhere near a million.

DAZN actually launched before Disney Plus.

Hahahahah

Mr Humble likes this.
  4. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I think Hearn went for the cold hard cash of DAZN, and I mean the cash ( share options ) that he was paid rather that the money forwarded for promotions, and didn't really think that he was signing up to the new Boxnation. I imagine he thought that he would become the biggest promoter in the world as DAZN was going worldwide and that he would be coining it. I don't think that's happened though I'm sure he's not out of pocket at all

5. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Any streaming company has to have content, I think it’s a tough ask for DAZN to command a subscription which is in a similar price range of Netflix and Disney . I consider myself a boxing fan and from my point of view DAZN is way to expensive.

6. itkas

itkas New Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
  7. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    .... I take back everything I said about DAZN. Womens Champions League? Worth every penny now :risas3:

8. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    They'd be as well buying some Movies or TV shows, just to pad out their service. Cos they sure as **** aren't adding nearly enough boxing or other sports that people actually care about.

9. vibes creator

vibes creator Team Usyk banned Full Member

Aug 11, 2022
    Game Changed

next up is a catchweight fight between Campbell Hatton vs Tim Tszyu on PPV

10. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    DAZN seem to be going in for rights that are carried on YouTube for free bizarrely.

11. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Hearn reckons Eubank Benn will break PPV records, I think it’ll raise their subscribers by a significant amount, and then they’ll have some good cards towards December like Wood Santa Cruz, Katie Taylor, Cordina Rakhimov, Warrington etc.

He also said the Eubank Benn PPV and KSI PPV will do more than 1 million PPV buys on DAZN.

12. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    He said if the fight was on Sky box office it would break records.

13. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Disney and Netflix (and Amazon Prime to an extent) realised years ago, for subscription services to pay, they need to own the content assets. They might make the odd punt in sport but fundamentally their core library and exclusive content keep people interested. Disney in particular built up a huge asset library, although like the others they're investing in new stuff on top of that to keep people hooked.

BBC and ITV found the same - they got buried on other platforms so they created Britbox. Might be a minor service in the scheme of things but has 500k subscribers in the US paying for things that already existed - and therefore high profit.

DAZN's original content is basically Youtubers with more expensive cameras, plus whatever rights it can buy up and whatever Matchroom charges them to put on promotions. They aren't in the same league.

BEATDOWNZ and Astro like this.
  14. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    DAZN should learn from ProBox TV who do a really good job. The quality of the boxing is a bit mixed, but the commentators are really good and entertaining to listen to. ProBox TV's experts Paulie Malignaggi, Roy Jones Jr and Antonio Tarver meet in a small TV studio where they discuss various fights and topics within proboxing. DAZN should do the same rather than their experts just sitting at home in front of their computer. It is a cheap and easy solution. By the way : There are plenty of youtubers who do a far better job than DAZN.