Opinions on Skelton vs Sprott fight?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by mike007, Jul 4, 2007.

1. mike007

mike007 New Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    I am looking for opinions on this fight and who you think will win. Thanks!

2. nulty

nulty Guest

I think Skelton and probably in more impressive fashion than last time. Although I will be cheering for sprott and he comes in with a lot of confidence following the audley ko, however i can't seem him beating Skelton.

3. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Skelton is the best of the British HWs until Haye steps up, and i expect him to win this fight earlier than last time round. I cant see the winner here getting a title shot like promised though.. all 4 would KTFO any of the Brits atm..

4. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Skelton will prbably win...not really bothered about this, the only bit of excitement i had for this fight has kinda faded away...

5. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    sprott is great journeyman ,has alot of heart he just doesnt have anything that stands out not alot of handspeed not alot of power not alot of movement defence....but he gets by and has given boxing technique lessons on prospect like audley harrison and wladimir virchis.

skelton k-1 fighter has been in a few wars went toe to toe with danny williams. and gave a boxing lesson over him in th rematch....good bralwer and will do his sugaray impresions when brought to play.

6. Vantage_West

Jul 11, 2006
    i have skelton winning by ko or ud but sprott is a good fighter he has the guts and technique which gets him through...im with sprott on this i have heard he has trained his left hook better and better now before the audle fight.

7. rustyj

rustyj Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Well the beauty of this division is u see one pucnh Kayo's in abundance. WHo would have thort Sprott could have poleaxed audley afta being knocked down in the first.

This fight could be a surprise Kayo. Altho Sprott has more bad nights than good.

Id probly hav to go for Skelton.

8. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Best fight to make in Britain. Harrison and Williams should do it again to decide the trilogy. Winner and lose fight winner and loser of this bout. They all need to fight again anyway.

9. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Skelton hopefully, it would be nice to see him fight a good european before its too late.

10. Vantage_West

Jul 11, 2006
    i would like a trilogy that would be damn good if dany is still willing to fight. audley is old but hasnt ben beaten badly, danny is young but has taken some awful beatings

11. ryanty22

ryanty22 VRWC Sledgehammer Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    anyone know if this will be carried in the states or on the net?? id love to watch this i dont get to see many brit fighters other than the ones who make it to vegas or a.c.

12. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Neither fighter excites me much.

Sprott is my favourite for what he did to Audley, but his lack of size/movement/skill mean he is a borderline European level fighter at best. While Skelton is a forty year old man.

13. Sundance

Sundance Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Haye should fight the winner of this contest. Skelton might do a Sprott on him.

14. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I think the winner of this bout would be a great fight for him at heavyweight. If it's Skelton that's the best fight because he'd be king of the crop.

I think Haye can beat all the heavies. They got a punchers chance but none of them have his talent or tools!

15. Vantage_West

Jul 11, 2006
    and haye isnt easily koed he just had stamina problems...every boxer in the big man division ,who steps up that quick has stamina problems in 12 rounds. lewis,wlad ect.

carl thompson just tired him by the pressure and easy hits. remeberhaye had not gone past 4 rounds before this.