Opinons of TNT Coverage"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by iestyn2020, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    We talked about it here as a possibility as DAZN is the only real global player (why would Saudi want to deal with half a dozen broadcasters at 6 weeks notice etc) but is that confirmed now?

I guess it wasn't a hard choice as Wilder is unattached and none of the other fighters would be hard to deal with; AJ was the one with exclusive rights to navigate.

2. WrightStuff

WrightStuff Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Umm, but its not just part of the subscription. Its subscription+additional PPV cost.

Beale and Accurate like this.
  3. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    So it is:
    That's probably cheaper than most of Wilder's recent PPV fights in the US to be fair. Probably won't sell there though, Parker isn't exactly box office.

4. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    I threw him some bait and he cleared off to Da Zone thread

5. iestyn2020

iestyn2020 Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2021
    I can see it being on tnt and espn plus as well because they will lose out if its only on dazn. As alot of customers wont purchase it on an app especially if they have poor internet. ALso as its on dazn only at the moment once its available get it because i think you will have to buy a month sub as well, might as well get it when cards are decent. we dont know whats happening in jan

6. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    It's not wether it turned out to be a good fight or not. I'm no fan of Hearn but if he put Friday's card on he would have been slaughtered. It was some sort of small hall / nxtgen show. Ultimately even the Saudi show on the 23rd December ended up on DAZN. Last week was a terrific event but it would have been nice to have seen a couple of those on Fridays rather than a 12.30am finish last week. If he's on fire you can probably put him out with a small bucket of sand.

DramaShow and Beale like this.
  7. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    :dijono:

8. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Again hate to be that guy but Queensberry have another York Hall show on Friday night on December 1 with no interesting fights in my opinion. Next year may be Queensberry's best in a while though with Fury vs Usyk, Sheeraz vs Williams and Heaney vs Janibek being planned. Matchroom ended the year extremely strongly with Wood vs Warrington and the two Irish cards in the UK and Ireland, and then the two big US cards in December, followed by the Saudi card on December 23 where they have 3 fighters featuring including the main event.

Seems like Matchroom may struggle again early on in 2024 though. Munguia vs Ryder looks like it won't happen and neither will Taylor vs Catterall II apparently. They may even lose the purse bid for Ford vs Kholmatov too.

9. iestyn2020

Jan 27, 2021
    Thats one of the biggest issues with dazn is if there is no boxing then there is hardly any content, sky and tnt can get away with it more because of all the other major sports and non contract sky is cheaper than dazn at 18,00 a month. Next week queensbury show is a bit barren but the fighter doufas who did well against cheven clarke is fighting the german prospect and two undefeated figter in strand vs joshau is interesting

10. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    The Queensberry show is still poor though regardless although they were unlucky with Sheeraz pulling out of the Liam Williams fight. If Queensberry want to close to the gap to Matchroom in the UK they need to improve the quality of some of these shows in-between their big ones. Either way I am happy though that Sheeraz vs Williams got delayed until next year as it would have clashed with the Belfast show.

iestyn2020 likes this.
  11. iestyn2020

Jan 27, 2021
    The problem with franks smaller shows, is they use durable opponents who don't try and this is dull. Hearn does have his mismatches but more often they get stopped.

rezzer likes this.
  12. kevin-novice

kevin-novice Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Is the non ppv stuff on this channel any good?

13. Canvas-KO

Canvas-KO New Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2024
    This content is protected

New show on April 20. Disappointed that Noakes doesn't have an opponent announced. Mark Chamberlain just beat Gavin Gwynne who is a few levels above Noakes' recent opposition.

That is 2 back-to-back small-hall shows for Queensburry from March 22 to April 20 with nothing in between, but that's expected because their Magnificent Seven shows are stacked full of competitive fights.

Good to see Andrew Cain back too.

Beale likes this.
  14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Thought you were not allowed to post in the British forum?

15. Kev2k83

Kev2k83 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2023
    Cain back I was wondering what had happened to him since the baluta fight.