Ortiz Evans II

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by scurlaruntings, Jul 13, 2007.

1. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Does anyone really even care about this?

2. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    No and judging by the reaction of the crowd the vast majority of the fans don't either.

Tito is finished, and Evans is probably too green at the moment. Neither fight did anything to win their first fight.

3. scurlaruntings

Jul 19, 2004
    Hmm im not sure his even green.His been nothing more than TUF hype imo.He`d be a contender at 185 but at 205 his a nobody.His striking is weak his submissions non existent but his wrestling is top notch.BUT as a guy who`s a relatively small light heavy who doesnt possess either 2 of the major strengths in MMA (striking and submissions) i fail to see what the big deal is with him.His done nothing to show me that his at least even a contender at 205 on the world scene let alone the UFC.In a rematch Tito wins by a hairs breath but alas Tito is another classic wrestler.We here again and again how his working on his striking, his subs are non existant aswell and his famed wrestling seems to be a thing of the past.Oh well..

4. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I do. A draw isn't conclusive. People hyped Evans up alot. He looked small and the inferior fighter. However it is determined that Tito did cheat and had he not he may have been taken down, subbed etc

Tito is a good fighter but deserves his respect. I want to see him get the W.

5. scurlaruntings

Jul 19, 2004
    Tito WAS a good fighter that NEVER evolved.His never had any decent subs and his striking standing up is not good enough to compete with ANY of the big names at 205.Great fighters evolve.Good fighters just do what there good at.A for being inconclusive, in the grand scheme of 205 this fight means a whopping zilch.

6. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I care about it greatly if its on free TV.

7. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    No. I think they should move on. The first fight was a total mess.

8. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    I don't see how Tito WAS a good fighter when he just showed himself superior to a 15-0 prospect.

What you are saying is he was never a complete fighter. So? His record speaks for itself.

Why do you say it means nothing at 205? It's a cross roads 5. Someone has to rebuild and someone goes up a step. Both are still at the cross roads with a draw.

I'm suprised you MMA fans are happy with this inconclusive draw.

9. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    No we're not happy, because the fight was crap and we don't want to see another crap one.

10. dwilson

dwilson Guest

The fight did not come off the way it was meant to so they should go onto new opponents. enjoy watching tito, he can be dick one minute then great the next but he has had a few exciting fights, put him with a few more up and comers or an ex pride guy and we may get entertainment.

Evans has talent but not enough to go to the top at 205. At 185 he may do ok but he needs good opposition.It is make or break him time and he needs a better performance because the last fight was shocking.

Who do you thinkwould be good next opponents for them? Even if you do not care or rate them they will be forced on us again so pick a fight.

11. Tko4

Tko4 Left high kick Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If the UFC paid me $40 dollars to watch it...I still wouldn't.

12. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    I don't think it was that bad. Just wasn't a barnburner, it happens.

13. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    I dont think 2nd one is gona be as bad. Evans really shocked me with his passiveness. After seeing the fight im confident that he can win this fight easily.

14. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Id like to see a conclusive ending to the fight, although really I just want to see Rashad against a guy at Titos level, it doesn't neccesarily have to be Tito, just want to get a better assesment of Rashad, I think he's gonna bounce back and continue to show the promise he was before this. Jason Lambert is a very very tough fighter, alot of people forget how easily Rashad tore through him.

15. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Rashad was too passive. No doubt about that.