Ortiz, Ruiz and Dillian Whyteleafe (and big josh)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wig, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    These guys have got to get it on.

based on the eye test Ortiz comes out on top, would pick him to stop Whyteleafe who is a complete mug for a lefty. Ruiz and Ortiz would be tougher to call, does Ortiz crack that granite Mexican beard? Ortiz points

Whyteleafe Ruiz is the most interesting and could be a cracking fight on the inside, left hooks flying man down this one ain’t going the distance is it? I’d have to pick Ruiz simply because Whyteleafe has a glass jaw.

Ortiz
    YES Brain
    NO Chin
    YES Heart

Ruiz
    NO Brain
    YES Chin
    YES Heart

Whyteleafe
    NO Brain
    NO Chin
    YES Heart

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Id bet you right now that if Whyte ever fought peasant ortiz or pancake ruiz he would beat either of them

what you wanna bet wig?

where are your cahonas?

3. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Based on eye test and resumes Ortiz is by the weakest link in the trio. Ortiz has the weakest resume out of any fighters in the Ring magazine and Boxrec top 10.

Wasn't there a poll recently on this forum for Ortiz vs Rivas who would win and Rivas edged the results last time i saw.

Whyte and Ruiz would be a great fight between two legit top 5 fighters.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I think Chalres Martin vs Ortiz could be good close in house PBC fight.

5. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Two tough fights for Whyte. No doubt about it. The problem with Ortiz and Ruiz is one is getting older and the other fatter. For me, the best version of Ortiz and Ruiz beat Whyte.

moog likes this.
  6. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Whyte vs ruiz would be a hell of a fight.

Ortiz is the weak link. Technically sound but too old with no punch resistance left. He looked in trouble everytime wilder landed a punch.

7. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    I’ll bet you ten thousand pounds

8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Whyte would smash the little fatty without too much trouble and stop Ortiz late.

9. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Attaboy, done!

10. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    They should put on some sort of tournament....excluding the top 3.

Whyte, ortiz, ruiz, parker, povetkin. Chisora. Pulev. Maybe usyk. Dubois and hrgovic if they fancy it.

Best thing about it is it would probably force the top boys to fight each other. Joshua and wilder wont get much out of fighting someone that lost in the tournament and probably already beat the boy that wins it.

Jurgen likes this.
  11. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The Heavyweight division needs a good clean out though a WBSS tournament with no excuses about money and belts should be stripped for any Tony Bellew shytehouse types not taking part.

This may be the only way we get an undisputed World Heavyweight Champion.

All belt Holders and mandatories - Wilder, Tony Dosh PPV, Usyk, Whyte, Pulev, Fanny Charr, Tyson Fury and get Wladimir Klitschko back out of retirement for his final stab at boxthing.

The division badly needs some excitement after the previous 15 years.

12. blackfella96

blackfella96 Active Member Full Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Ortiz is by far the most skilled boxer here.
    I think he beats Whyte UD and Ruiz will be close but maybe SD to Ortiz or TKO to Ruiz. I think that Ruiz will KO/TKO Whyte. Whyte does gas out and slow down a fair bit in the later rounds because of his size and fighting style, and I think that these guys are smart enough to take him into deep waters.

And from what I saw, in their last fights, Ortiz clearly looked better then the two even with a loss. I can cut Whyte some slack but nonetheless they were both really out of shape, no ones fault but their own.

I think these fights are all really good fights though. Even with my predictions, I wouldn't be surprised if Whyte unloaded the big left hook and took out Ortiz or Ruiz, but I believe they can avoid for the most part

13. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012

Good point jurgen. Chuck them all in it. Liking the klitchko inclusion as well. He,d still beat some of them i bet.

Jurgen likes this.
  14. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Agree that ortiz the most skilled. No sure he can keep the pace nowadays tho. Whyte and ruiz kind of set a half decent pace....which would play into ortiz,s hands but reckon at this stage they could probably drown him. Regardless decent fights....ortiz still looked like he had something to offer the division.

15. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Whyte loses to both let's be honest here. He's off the PEDs and was extremely poor against Wach, doesn't keep himself in shape, and has extremely poor stamina. If he wasn't promoted by Hearn, he'd be a nobody.

boxingjunky and Twentyman like this.