Oscar de la Hoya accuses Arum of giving Pacquiao an unfair advantage

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by PH|LLA, Nov 8, 2009.

1. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    According to Oscar, Arum arranged for a larger-than-normal ring to favor the quicker Pacquiao.

"I believe that’s the reason Bob Arum arranged to have a big ring, to give Pacquiao an advantage. Arum promotes both fighters but, obviously, it benefits him more if Pacquiao wins so they’re going to favor him."

Arum responded to OScar's comments with the following...

“Is that little (expletive) crazy? Who writes this (expletive) for him? I’m absolutely outraged. He can pick whoever he wants to pick to win the fight and he can say whatever he wants to say about me, but to write that I arranged to have the ring made bigger to favor anyone is a complete (expletive) lie and is just not true. For as long as I can remember, the rings in Nevada have been 20 feet by 20 feet and I didn’t do (an expletive) thing about changing it.”

Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, confirmed that Arum is correct.

“Mr. Arum absolutely did not ask for a different ring size,” Kizer said. “We haven’t been asked that in a long time. As you know, our standard ring is 20-by-20 and no fighter, no promoter, nobody, has asked for a different size in quite some time. The size of the ring on Nov. 14 will be 20-by-20, like it always is.”

2. BlueApollo

BlueApollo Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 19, 2007
    I wonder is Oscar ever going to live down the Pacquiao fight?

3. Broxi

Broxi Stand With Ukraine Full Member

Oct 14, 2007
    I'm just glad someone pissed Arum off, whether it was true or not.

4. Lights_Out

Lights_Out Member Full Member

May 1, 2009
  5. BlueApollo

May 19, 2007
    More like get that off the site before Arum sues his golden ass for libel and wins.

The Morlocks likes this.
  6. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
  7. juanitoboxing

juanitoboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 28, 2008
  8. bachatu

bachatu Pro Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    damn thats crazy... lol, Oscar taking cheap shots at Arum. Is Golden Boy thinking of perhaps stealing Cotto from Arum once his contract expires? ...he seems to be very pro Cotto or just very anti Arum since we know it would benefit Arum for Manny to win.

9. Kush

Kush Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Oscar sounds jealous

10. mking

mking Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Oscar is just jealous he doesnt have any part to do with this fight! Plus he knows this is gonna be more action than PBF vs. JMM

11. thewinfella

thewinfella The Golden Boy Full Member

Jun 14, 2009
    I think Arum finds it hard to swallow that ODLH , is the major force he actually is promoter wise !!!!!!

And i love hearing people slag Arum off cause the guy is a joke !!!!!!

12. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Is this the same Oscar who demanded a small ring against Mayweather and a larger 1 against Hopkins?

13. mking

mking Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 30, 2007
    At least Arum is giving us some good fights! Marg vs Cotto, Pac vs Cotto, too bad Pavlik couldnt go through with Williams. The last Golden Girl promoted fights sucked ass.

14. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Osca is bitter ever since a midget beat his ass.

15. BlueApollo

May 19, 2007
    Truth. Manny crawled up his ass and took his soul.

The Morlocks likes this.