Oscar de la Hoya accuses Arum of giving Pacquiao an unfair advantage

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by PH|LLA, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Jeff M

Jeff M Future ESB HOF Full Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Whatever, it's just funny to see Arum pissed. He's a sack of **** and you know he hopes Cotto loses.

2. TonyPeri

TonyPeri Active Member Full Member

May 22, 2008
    Oscar is the perfect example of the worst era in boxing and now he's taking it to promoting. You'd think he have more concern for the fighters. He doesn't. Now is the time for the best to fight the best without all the cherry-picking and business bull**** that Oscar embodies. Every time he makes a comment on a fight, you know it's not what he really thinks, it's just a calculated and obvious business move. Clearly they want to plant seeds of doubt in Cotto's head so they can try to steal him. But let's always remember the bottom line - Manny beat his ass after Oscar tried to stage a fight with a guy half his size.

3. tliang1000

tliang1000 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 18, 2007
    oscar knows how to use ring size to his advantage like he did against floyd with a kid size ring.

4. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    that must be another myth regarding PBF because the guy from the NSAC just said there hasn't been a ring size other than 20x20 since 2005

Don't believe the hype!

5. Bazooka

Bazooka Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me Full Member

Oct 23, 2005
    And Nevada is correct, even in the Margarito fight that was 20x20... if he applies the right pressure, ring size wont matter..... which I beleive will be the case....

6. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    DLH just need his name mentioned in this event. He can't stay out of the picture . . . this is a big one. :lol:

Since when did a promoter dip his finger into the technical points of a fight? It should be Team Cotto and Team Pacquiao doing all the arrangements as presented and included in the contracts they signed. :deal

7. Bazooka

Bazooka Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me Full Member

Oct 23, 2005
    I think Oscar may be moving in on a Cotto Mosley rematch or even signing Cotto who knows, but it seems to me like he has intrest in MC

8. Quarteysjab

Quarteysjab Guest

translation: my guy floyd is never gonna fight pac or cotto, so i have to say somethig to try and irritate and discredit Arum. life's a ***** when you gotta try and promote a fraud who is afraid to fight anyone risky.

9. Breakdown

Breakdown Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Oscar was still in denail.. prolly figured his ring with manny was too big

10. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
  11. des3995

des3995 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 23, 2009
    :rofl:rofl:rofl

12. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Oscar has always been like that though, hasn't he?

He talks a lot of smack about Mayweather as well despite the benefits of Mayweather's activity. He tends to act like that to guys he lost to except for Hopkins and Mosley who obviously escaped negative comments by being his business partners.

13. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Everything was on his side that side. If DLH has ONE thing on his side in the contract against Pac the entire world will cry and he did have one thing only and that was size. DLH had size, ring, glove, money, location and almost every single advantage he could find on his side going in against Mayweather. The money he offered at first was more then reduced it after he noticed the majority had negative comments about Mayweather's performance against Baldomir. Offering less money kills a fighter's motivation going in a fight, money plays a major role in motivating these guys if people think otherwise then those people are ones who live in trailer parks that live the funny joke "Money ain't everythin'!" because they have none of it.

Just check out Tim Whitherspoon in "Don King: Unauthorized". Whitherspoon had the tools to become a great fighter, he nearly/arguably beat Larry Holmes in a tough close fight even though Whitherspoon had only FIFTEEN professional fights going into that one and never had ANY 12 round fight before that, all his fights were 8 rounders or 10 with the type of opponents any new fighter would feast on jumping in the rankings. He also had Holmes badly hurt late in that fight that it looked like Holmes MIGHT be stopped. Not to forget that he also took his title all the way to England to KO and hand Frank Bruno his first loss. Where did the motivation come from?, hear it from Whitherspoon his self, motivation definitely comes for getting the championship, a lot of motivation comes from that, but also a lot comes for making good money. If these guys aren't offered good enough money you think they will carry on for pride and glory?, pride and glory won't feed their kids nor pay their bills. Maybe it will for Margarito and Capatello but doesn't for normal people.

14. ed7890

ed7890 Col. Hunter Gathers Full Member

Apr 4, 2009
    I dont think its a huge advantage for Pac, Cotto isn't really the type of fighter that tries to corner his opponents.

15. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    De La Hoya's 100% right, Arum always gives all the advantages to his actual cash cow. No one knows it better than DLH, who should've added "Pac is getting all the advantages - just like I did".