Oscar Offers Ricky 30 Mill

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Super_Fly_Sam, Jun 24, 2007.

1. doddster

doddster New Member Full Member

May 18, 2007
    how could you say that this would be boring fight.a fighter vs a brawler both on the front foot,that cant be boring bring it on.

2. Dr Gonzo

Dr Gonzo Yo! Molesta La Breastas! Full Member

Mar 1, 2007
    i reckon it would be boring too - hatton is too cautious at welterweight and would do so much hugging to avoid oscars big hooks

3. doddster

May 18, 2007
    after hopkins stopped oscar with a body shot,you would have to think that oscar is very vunerable.

4. Dr Gonzo

Mar 1, 2007
    he is at middleweight but anything lower i think is a different story

5. IrnBruMan

IrnBruMan Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 8, 2006
    IMO, If this fight happens Hatton will be looking to make a point to PBF and try to stop DLH inside the distance

6. doddster

May 18, 2007
    hattons 2 fights at 147 were against southpaws,i truly think that was the reason he never impressed.his inside game is more effective with orthodox fighters.exciting fight as oscar, like hatton is a combination fighter,both with great feet.

7. CarltonBlues

CarltonBlues Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Oscar is too big, too strong and too good to get bullied by Hatton. Collazo gave Hatton trouble with his reach and Oscar would just be a nightmare for him. He would just get battered by jabs till he pulls the trigger and takes him out.

8. PorkChopExpress

PorkChopExpress Champion of the Universe Full Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Hatton will be bigger and when he's bigger so far he can't hold the pace he did against Tszyu/JLC etc... He fights more cautious and hugs (can't deny he's making a name for himself ala Ruiz) more. DLH notorious for puffing out later on in a fight will also pace himself.

It will be exciting if both fighters fight at their best and put on the pressure on each other. I'm not so sure either guy will risk it...

That being said, maybe the fights where Hatton was heavier weren't of the same calibre/reputation as Tszyu/JLC so maybe its down to preparation for him... in which case, he'll be certainly well prepared for DLH and then I would be wrong and happily so.

This isn't how i think it will go anyways, just a pessimistic opinion from being disappointed a few times of late.

9. MSTR

MSTR More Speed Than Roy!!!!! Full Member

Feb 19, 2005
    It woudn't suprise me if it was boring however. Hatton just makes ugly fights unfortunately. Its not enjoyable to watch him hold and hit. He is very tough to beat on the inside though.

10. The Man 247

The Man 247 Member Full Member

May 19, 2006
    If Hatton wants a brawl, Oscar can brawl better. Inside combinations will be to much. I predict Oscar to knock out Hatton very early.

11. VIP

VIP Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 19, 2004
    I would rather watch Hatton-Cotto or Hatton-Mayweather. In this matchup Oscar could beat Hatton definitely, I mean he is the bigger guy and the more skilled fighter, Hatton brings the heat though. But why make a fight between a 140 champion and a 154 lb fighter who while a great fighter is at the tailend of his career and seems to only care about which fight makes the most money.

Oscar is coming off a loss damnit but yea he's the money man so he can make any fight happen.

12. Super_Fly_Sam

Super_Fly_Sam Aus Boxer Full Member

Oct 4, 2006

:admin **** Me Thats A Lot Of $$$$$$$

If Hatton Doesn't Wanna Take The Fight....

I Got No Worries Bout Putting The Weight On To Take His Spot

13. BoxingKangaroo

BoxingKangaroo Active Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2007
    i seriously doubt oscar could make 147 again and personally i dont wanna see him at 147.

14. Dr Gonzo

Mar 1, 2007
    i agree in that i think he will struggle to make 147 but i disagree in that i want to see him at that weight. The jr middleweight division is pretty stark of interesting fights for oscar; where as welterweight has all the best fighters in the world imo.

15. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Yep, Fatton was ordinary at 147 against above-average opponents. ODLH is old but he has pretty good power in his left hook to put Hatton on his huge arse. There is no way ODLH can make 140.