Over training?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by pichuchu, May 12, 2011.

1. pichuchu

pichuchu Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Dont know if this helps but someone mentioned weight. I currently weight 60.5kg and im trying to get to 57 kg

2. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Muscles need a reason to be big and strong. Lifting weights once a week just doesn't cut it.

3. pichuchu

Mar 13, 2011
    im no expert but i definitly know that body builders lift 6 days a week but only work on one muscle twice at most in a week, or even maybe once depending on intensity. One the one day i do most muscles. so isnt it literally the same? Im not sure just asking

4. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
  5. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Yeah. I started around 9 years ago when I was still in school to gain a bit of muscle and get stronger. Now I train kickboxing as well as weights using the Westside for Skinny *******s routine.

6. Boxinglad123

Boxinglad123 Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Thanks for the reply Mr Small. The 6000 calories was made up of alot of wholegrain cereal, peanut butter sandwhiches etc though, not junk.

7. sounds like something i should check out straight away , :lol:

8. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Lol. It's a wierd name really. It's by Joe Defranco. He used it with college football players and professional NFL athletes, which as you know aren't exactly skinny. :lol:

9. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Same thing mate.
    Plus if you were nervous you were shitting more, peeing more, sweating more etc

10. Aforce

Aforce Guest

Low level glycemic Index foods are needed and desired by diabetics and people that need to lose weight. When a food or substance is absorbed slow they tend to have less of an effect on blood sugars. Ironically, if blood sugars are not fluctuating, diabetics can better regulate their conditions. In fact, when lipid and glucose levels are maintained, appetites can also be controls. And the latter is great news to obese people and diabetics. This is even better news for Type 2 diabetics because their diabetes is often linked to heredity or obesity.

11. Aforce

Aforce Guest

12. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Hi virus, on this one I side with mr small. I do one full body 'heavy' strength session a week- I gain every session! I record what I can lift and I'm up about 10-12kgs from where I started. So progression has definitely occurred

13. pichuchu

Mar 13, 2011
    ??????? confused about if this is going off topic or is meant to answer the question? Mind explaining a less scientific manner :S