OVERALL: Who's a better boxer, Dmitry Bivol or Terence Crawford?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxingiq2020, May 7, 2023.

OVERALL: Who's a better boxer, Dmitry Bivol or Terence Crawford?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2023.
  1. Dmitry Bivol

70.1%
  2. Terence Crawford

29.9%
  1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I meant the fighters Bivol hadn't stopped in title fights

Ward dropped Barrera once but he had also been dropped in numerous other fights, including by Joe Smith, Shabranskyy, and Paul Parker. But Bivol was indeed the first to stop him. Ward and Barrera weighed the same but Barrera would've been heavier than Bivol

CST80 likes this.
  2. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol:

catchwtboxing likes this.
  3. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    As you can see from the plus minus stats I posted Bivol is not only #4 overall but he's top 1, 2 or 3 defensively and #1 best jab. The question is why was his name never mentioned in discussions regarding the best defensive fighters in the sport? The Eurasian brother bringing that Soviet/Asian slickness is categorically one of the best defensive fighters in the sport.

CST80 likes this.
  4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    He is a nasty vicious SOB (I mean it in a complimentary sense) who wants to have it out with you and hurt his opponents real bad.

5. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    He's definitely got a real mean ruthless streak

6. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Bivol can`t finish the way Bud does.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Most definitely just like Sugar Ray Leonard but I don’t think he is quite as good as Leonard or as good a ring general.

8. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Bivol, he’s pretty much always razor focused and relaxed in the ring. Even when he gets hit or up against good competition the man is just cool as a cucumber. Crawford has struggled in fights far more times than Bivol has and it’s against lower caliber fighters.

That being said, Crawford is much better offensively. I don’t like him but he really knows how and when to attack. His finishes are always really sharp and impressive. The way he took out Porter just shows how high his attack iq is.

9. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Finishing the way Bud does is a luxury, Bivol doesn’t need it thus half the time doesn’t look for it.

Wouls you rather be 50-2 with 49 KO’s for example or 40-0 with say 28 KO’s?

10. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Quite?

CST80 likes this.
  11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I hated SRL with passion for years as he beat all my guys like Benitez, Hearns, Duran , hell they even took it from Narvelous Marvin but boy what a fighter he was.

12. Cashmere

Cashmere New Member banned Full Member

May 9, 2023
    Crawford is a better finisher but he has lost way more rounds than Bivol & his opposition is **** poor. Bivol.

13. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014

No you're **** poor at boxing. Crawford has some solid wins. Don't talk nonsense

mark ant likes this.
  14. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Bivol just lets his hands go, building up points. Crawford is actively feinting and faking looking for big hooks and KO punches. Difference in mentality.

mark ant likes this.
  15. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    I love Bivol's style. Always have since the first time I saw him fight. Superb distance control, accuracy, footwork, hand and foot speed, and even though most of his title fights have gone the distance (which as I explained has a lot to with the size and durability of many of his opponents) he's not boring and he doesn't run and hold. He's purposeful and aggressive and he's a dog too. Remember how he came right out of the gates and let the much bigger Zurdo who the boss was going to be and cracked him hard and hurt him a bit whenever he tried to assert his dominance over him.

This content is protected

SpeedKills likes this.