Overrated chins

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Bill1234, Dec 26, 2010.

1. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Those words seem to draw in the internet trolls, and they seem to be used mainly by them too.

2. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    They probably have the words searched, constantly.

I just 'exposed' these 'overrated' trolls asses!

3. TheGreatA

Mar 4, 2009
    combatesdeboxeo to me seems a legit poster, only a bit too over-zealous when it comes to George Foreman. Foreman Hook is obviously a joke poster, who probably posts under another name as well.

4. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Foreman Hook is a ****.

combatesdeboxeo actually does seem alright. I wasn't meaning him. Mainly just Foreman Hook.

5. El Bujia

El Bujia Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Nah, combatesdeboxeo is a ****, too.

6. Pachilles

Pachilles Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 15, 2009
    combatesdebxeo has character

7. TheGreatA

Mar 4, 2009
    I was referring to a previous post which implied that they were the same person. I doubt it, although they both hold the same views about Foreman, though Foreman Hook does it in a joking manner, which has gotten tiring fast.

8. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    There is no grounds for any argument against Marciano not having a terrific chin. The man was never knocked out in 49 bouts .. in many ways a Walcott or a Moore are a bigger test of a chin than a Foreman .. a Walcott or a Moore both can knock down a house and have speed. They can and did land often on Rocky because of that speed and he took it extremely well .. I'm not saying he was Chuvalo because he did not take bombs from a young Foreman but he definitely had an A chin ...

Ray Robinson had one of the greatest chins of all time ... in a 25 year career he was never stopped (heat exhaustion aside) ... his chin was exceptional ..

Evander Holyfield took the best of Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Ray Mercer, Michael Moorer and Riddick Bowe ( putting aside his Hep B bout) ... to rip on hs chin is a joke ...

9. it is true, man

10. i know, and thanks

11. i agree absolutely

12. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I find it funny how you say there's no argument against so and so, and such statement is a joke when multiple people, far more then say otherwise, bring up Holyfield's chin in this thread.

I guess you're just correct and the multitude of people whom feel otherwise are all wrong. Likely scenario amiright.

13. FastHands(beeb)

FastHands(beeb) Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2010
    :wink:
    That's not the point I was making Russell...where did I say that Marciano's chin was as proven as the names you mention? The point I am making is that certain indiviuals seen to be questioning Marciano's chin as a basis for denigrating his achievements, as has seem to become the fashion these days.

On the other hand, he did have some tough fights against proven world class punchers and never looked like he was on ***** street.

Or parhaps I have hit a nerve with you with my comments about people criticising The Rock? ;)

14. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    My response is very simple , it's the quality not the quantity of the posts. Anyone claiming that Ray Robinson, Rocky Marciano or Evander Holyfield did not have great chins should who amuses you because if they are serious it's funny.

15. MAN, I THINK THAT EVANDER OR ROBINSON HAD BETTER CHIN THAN ROCKY,HOLYFIELD WAS A NAtURAL CRUISER WHO TOOK BOMBS FROM KILLER PUNCHERS AND SUPER HWs,marciano never was tested against great puncher (hws), I AM NOT SAYING THAT ROCKY DID NOT HAVE GOOD CHIN BUT HE WAS HURT BY LITTLE MEN REALLY, PAST PRIME WALCOTT WAS NOT EVEN A HW.AND MY POINT IS THAT JOE FRAZIER FOR EXAMPLE WAS TESTED AGAINST STRONGER MEN AND BETTER FIGHTERS, THERE ARE NO PROOF TO SAY THAT MARCIANO HAD BETTER CHIN THAN FRAZIER, NO WAY. MAYBE FOREMAN WOULD STOP MARCIANO EVEN WORSE THAN HE DID WITH FRAZIER. AND BONAVENA WAS BY FAR A STRONGER GUY THAN WALCOTT. I THINK THAT THEY HAD AROUND THE SAME CHIN.