P4P world rankings... ??

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by The Lads, Nov 9, 2007.

1. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    How does everyones top 10 look post calzaghe Kessler, and will it change at all following the weekends action? Cotto or Mosley will surely be knocking on the top5 door should either of them win big, how about if Haye knocks Mormeck spark out quickly? Top 10, maybe just below?

2. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    1)Mayweather
    2)Calzaghe
    3)Hopkins
    4)Pavlik (i don't rate him but he has gotta be there)
    5)Pacquiou
    6)Marquez
    7)Vasquez
    8)Hatton
    9)Klitschko
    10)Cotto

Kessler would be in my top 15, Cotto or Mosley will go top 3 whoever wins, Haye will be top 25 if he wins

3. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    Wlad is in the top ten? ... interesting.

All subjective and based on opinion isnt it.

4. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007

Yeh i think hes one of the most improved fighters over the past 2 years (since steward came in) and his beat everyone put in front of him via KO, what else would put a guy in top 10. Obviously Winky, Mosley, Taylor, Marquez, Williams, Dawson are all top 10 contenders, i dont reckon anyone other that the 10 i listed and the 6 i just mentioned could be considerd!

Whats yours lads?

5. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    1. Floyd
    2. Pac Man
    3. Calzaghe
    4. Vazquez
    5. Bernard Hopkins
    6. Hatton
    7. Miguel Cotto
    8. Winky Wright
    9. Juan Manuel marquez
    10. Juan Diaz

1. He's the man, isnt he!!

2. staying in at #2 ahead of Joe because he's consistently fought and beat the best over 3 weight divisions.

3. Joe shoots up after beating Kessler, although even Hopkins at LHW wouldnt get him to #1 unless floyd retires IMO

4. You cant knock beating Larios, hernandez, Gonzales and fighting Rafael marquez twice (losing the first due to a nose injury, but winning the second) in the past 24 months. No soft touches there.

5. In at 5 following a stunning showing against tarver, and a smart win over Winky. One feels he is one fight away from retirement though... then again he keeps bloody going.

6. In at 6 but would be shooting up if he wins the big one. Actualy, I might have him little low, although Castillo (well the old version hatton fought), Collazo, Urango and Maussa dont really warrant any higher a placing. And losing to Floyd wont drop him any lower either.

7. Looks like he's quickly becoming a superb fighter. One big performance away form cementing his place in the top 5.

8. Nobody beats him at 154, but I dont think he can make weight anymore. Would love to see him fight Pavlik at 160, even Kessler at 168. No disgrace losing to Hopkins, he was giving away a lot of natural size. The performance against trinidad still sticks in my mind.

9. Cheeky ******* has snuk his way back in after losing to Chris John some 18months ago. Wins over Barrera and a shut out against Rocky Juarez prove he still got the skills to pay the bills.

10. What a fight against Julio Diaz 33-0 and I reckon at 24 he's a top top fighter, he's also now developing "man power" IMO. A fight with Hatton would be awesome, although i think Ricky is up to superstar mega fight status now. Juan could clean up light welter though.

Notable mentions:

Guzman - so much talent, but rarely fights and has a lack of discipline outside the ring.
    Ponce De Leon - bautista this, bautista that errr... smashed him to smither reens. Great fighter, love him
    Pavlik - needs another big win, didnt look too great when taylor put him under pressure, then I thought taylor eased off after rd 2 and Pavlik took control. he's around 11 / 12 I think
    Mosley - Jumps back in with a win tomorrow, super performances over Collazo and Vargas 11 / 12 too.
    Paul Williams - beat Marga, so respec

That'll do.

6. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    If everyone posts one we can score it and come up with an overall consensus.

i.e

1st place = 10pts
    2nd - 9pts
    3rd - 8pts

and so on

7. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    **** yeh Diaz, he would probs be 11, if he beats Katsidis, Casamayor or Diaz 3 he would go top 5, if he beats Pacquiou 2!

8. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    24 years old, with his fighting style a superstar in the making.

9. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    Yeh, I do rate Khan but you can;t see him winning a world title at L/W because Juan will have all the belts for 3 years at least, one of them will probs move up, probs both!

10. UKITAZ

UKITAZ Guest

1. Floyd Mayweather
    2. Joe Calzaghe
    3. Manny Paquiao
    4. Bernard Hopkins
    5. Ricky Hatton
    6. Juan Diaz
    7. Miguel Cotto
    8. Kelly Pavlik
    9. Israel Vazquez
    10.Chris John

11. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    John has gotta fight abroad before he goes into my Top 10

12. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    Never seen John fight, but his win over JMM speaks for itself. Lots of people said it was a 'homer' but I heard differently, John fully deserved the win apparently. Needs to fight another "big" name imo.

Jorge Linares will be another one for the top echelon soon. his win over Larios was most impressive.

13. bratwurzt

bratwurzt Whore Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    1. Floyd Mayweather
    2. Manny Paq
    3. Joe Calzaghe
    4. Bernard Hopkins
    5. Ricky Hatton
    6. Audley Harrison
    7. Miguel Cotto
    8. Kelly Pavlik
    9. Israel Vazquez
    10.Chris John

14. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    Audley Harrison ;-)

15. IronBull

IronBull Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Ricky Hatton will not be number 1 if he beat Mayweather..

If he want to be number 1, he must step up weight and win the titles like mayweather did.