PAC-MAY: Pacquiao much bigger through history.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by modernfonzie, Jul 24, 2014.

1. modernfonzie

modernfonzie Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Pac was draining to make 135/130. He was already coming into the ring 147-150.
    http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q226/bballman32794/pac.png

While FMJ fighting at 135 he was coming in at 138.
    http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q226/bballman32794/mula.png

And while fighting at WW, 2 divisions above 135. He was only 146 against Judah http://31.media.tumblr.com/8ab50dc4aa97c229724f22aac98fee68/tumblr_mmvk81tD1m1qbfejao1_1280.gif

Which is still a pound less than what Pacquiao weighed for the fight against Diaz at 135.

Pac-Morales 3, Pac came in the ring 144, while fighting at 130
    http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q226/bballman32794/morales.png

Floyd-Corrales, Floyd came in 136, fighting at 130 http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q226/bballman32794/MayCorrales.png

Pacquiao moving up to 147 wasn't that big of a deal because he was already that big. Which is why he didn't need a C/W against Cotto or Oscar.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q226/bballman32794/dlhp.png

Against De La Hoya he was 148. He could have fought De La Hoya with his same training regimen he used at 135, and he would more likely than not still come in with a slight weight advantage. His fight weight at Lightweight, and his "first fight" at Welterweight are the same. Which means he didn't put on any size when he was moving up, he just dehydrated less, while Oscar was in full corpse mode .

Now let this sink in.

Floyd came in the ring 148, fighting at Junior Middleweight.
    Pac came in the ring 147 fighting at Lightweight.

That's a 1 pound difference between 3 divisions. Pac isn't THAT SMALL. and in some alternate universe where Pacquiao and Floyd met at 135, 130, or 140, Pacquiao would have a solid weight advantage. Maybe around 10 pounds.

147 is the only weight where he and Pac would be equal. Floyd was 148 against Maidana, and Pac was 150 against Bradley.

And for those who say "Floyd is taller, so he is bigger" I say to you, that if Pacquiao has been coming in the ring 145-150 since his days at 130. And Floyd has always been within 5 pounds of the weight he's fighting at, that would mean that even though Floyd is taller, Pacquiao has more more muscle mass. A Lightweight Floyd came into the ring 138. A lightweight Pacquiao came in the ring 148.

Just a quick analysis I thought I would offer. Don't crucify me

The thing that would make me think he's on PED's is his drop off after Floyd brought up PED's and his refusal to take tests, as well as not annihilating people the way he was since PED issues have become more apparent in the spot.

People are saying "he dropped because this is his eighth weight division", but he was the same weight NOW, as he was at 130. So why is he not destroying people anymore. It can't be the weight, because it's the same.

Pacquiao is the naturally bigger man. Floyd had to add on the weight through time.

2. MannySteward

MannySteward Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2011
    So you are saying Pacquiao got stronger as he moved up in weight because he didn't have to cut. I agree. No PED issue to note.

3. modernfonzie

Aug 25, 2013
    It's either one or the other. I think him being so small is WAY OVERBLOWN. WAY WAY overblown. He's not that small. He couldn't be if he was coming in the ring as a WW fighting at 130.

The thing that would make me think he's on PED's is his drop off after Floyd brought up PED's and his refusal to take tests, as well as not annihilating people the way he was since PED issues have become more apparent in the spot.

People are saying "he dropped because this is his eighth weight division", but he was the same weight NOW, as he was at 130. So why is he not destroying people anymore. It can't be the weight, because it's the same.

4. janeschicken

janeschicken hard work! deadicayshin! Full Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Weight has nothing to do with size. Do you understand that?

5. janeschicken

Nov 10, 2007
    Exactly. Can't have it both ways.

6. MannySteward

May 1, 2011
    Yes. This is important and OP should take note.

7. modernfonzie

Aug 25, 2013
    No it's even more fishy. He's the SAME EXACT weight as he was at 130. And he isn't cutting anymore weight, so why the sudden drop off?

8. MannySteward

May 1, 2011
    He is fighting bigger, stronger fighters. As you get bigger and stronger you are able to take a punch better.

9. modernfonzie

Aug 25, 2013
    To say that weight has NOTHING to do with size is asinine, and simply not true. These are professional athletes who fight BY WEIGHT CLASS. Weight has everything to do with size in this situation. Pac was walking around at 150+ while fighting at 130. If his fight night weight is 148 at 130 and that's after a grueling camp, he had to be around 150-155 before the camp

10. janeschicken

Nov 10, 2007
    I'll say it again: Weight has nothing to do with size. You can't compare the bone density,structure and natural strength of two humans based on their weight.

11. modernfonzie

Aug 25, 2013
    Wrong again. He hasn't been able to knock down Bradley once in their fights. Not once. Bradley has been taken down by a career Junior WW in Ruslan. Pacquiao was on something. It's just the truth. That drop off isn't natural. It didn't fade away gradually. It was a light switch effect. It was there and then it wasn't .

12. alexthegreatmc

alexthegreatmc Sound logic and reason. You're welcome! Full Member

Sep 10, 2013
    He isn't as small as people make him out to be. Height, reach, and weight. He's 1 inch shorter than Cotto, he and Cotto have the same reach. And he always weighs more than Floyd.

13. MannySteward

May 1, 2011
    Wrong again? When was i wrong the first time?

Bradley is a big fighter; a very solid, muscular welterweight.

Ruslan Provodnikov is a power punching, come forward fighter who got Bradley to engage in a brawl with him. That's why Bradley got dropped. Did you not watch the fight?

So when in your opinion did the Pacquiao drop off occur?

14. modernfonzie

Aug 25, 2013
    2010. He hasn't looked truly impressive since then. Can't fight 3 minutes of every round anymore either. Looking at the Mosley fight, couldn't fight long. And that's not due to added weight, because it was the same. If anything, Welterweight should have been his strongest weight and most stamina friendly weightclass because he wasnt dehydrating as much. But the opposite happened.

15. MannySteward

May 1, 2011
    Good points