Pac vs Barerra...somthing weird i noticed

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by aliwasthegreatest, Aug 4, 2007.

1. aliwasthegreatest

aliwasthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    even in the first round barerra's shots seemed to have absolutely no snap in them. any decent reason for this?

2. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Not making excuses but his training camp was broken up for a few days cause of the Fire in Big Bear. To fight a guy like Pacquiao you need those full 6-8 weeks straight with no gaps to be at your best trust me anybody here whos actually boxed will know this boxing isnt something you can just do a few days then stop then do it agian and expect to be at your best. However Pacquiao that night was going to be to much anyway as Barrera seemed to not be ready for that devestating combo of speed/power. If you watch JMM-Pacquiao round 1 JMM didnt seem to hurt he seemed more shocked then anything that a guy that small is that fast and powerful its like WTF is wrong with that guy kinda feeling.

3. PATSYS

PATSYS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 12, 2004
    As far as I can see, Barrera was exactly the same guy he was in the 1st 2 rounds until the he tasted Pac's awesome power.

4. PATSYS

Aug 12, 2004
    Even Barrera knew all those things were the reasons why he lost the fight that is why he was so enthusiastic at rematching Pac - only 4 years later when he is looking at a good retirement money. :D

5. tays001

tays001 ESB ELITE SQUAD Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    i hope pac KO's barrera i hate barrera. but i sure hope PAC gets KO"D soon cuz i really hate his fans . they are such hugger and very dillusional.

6. kg0208

kg0208 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 8, 2005
    I just don't think Barrera can handle Pacman's speed. Morales had a hard time with it even in the fight he won.

7. PATSYS

Aug 12, 2004
    I believe in valid excuses, expecially if there is something concrete to back it up.

But invalid excuses is when a fighters loses, he must be shot or too green.

MAB has been impressive in all his fights in 5 years and was ranked by most as #2 P4P, some even go as high as #1. After Pac, MAB has once again been impressive for 3 more year and even climbed up again to as high as #4 P4P in the ranking.

No excuses there really. Pac beat a MAB who was thought to be at the peak of his game.

8. Dano

Dano ATG Beltholder Full Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Why would you hate Barrera? Pacs fans? That a lot of hate! Is it really because they are "dillusional", and if so WTF does that mean?

9. tays001

tays001 ESB ELITE SQUAD Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    first off i dnt realy hat barrera i just like to see him ko'd he's always complaining. and pac fans most are ignorant

10. jackiebrown

jackiebrown Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2007
    i know pac fans arent accuseing barrera fans of making excuses... wasnt it the pac fans who claimed pac wasnt wearing the right socks for a fight?

and didnt they also claim that the night before a fight pac had too many people in his hotel room ?..

pac fans make excuses just like the rest of them

11. loui_ludwig

loui_ludwig Member Full Member

Jan 29, 2006
    So, when a fighter wins, he was fully at his best. But when he losses, he isn't fully at his best.

12. jackiebrown

jackiebrown Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2007
    your kidding right? ..

13. Morrissey

Morrissey Underrated Full Member

Jun 24, 2006
    I only noticed that his punches had no snap in them after rd. 3, where he was shockingly knocked-down, and he was like,"WTF happened? IS that for real?". After that round, he looked discouraged and helpless, perhaps, he had realized that his punches would have no effect against the combination of speed and power of his foe.

But during the first two rounds. he was in his normal self IMO, and he was even aggressive in his offense.

14. acb

acb De Camaguey... Gavilan Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I think Pac beat Barrera fair and square. I dont think that Barrera was as good as he could have been that night, but I dont make excuses for him. This business about fires in training camps, etc... with his money he could have been airlifted to another training camp and settled in within 24 hours.

I have one issue with Pac fans though saying Barrera should have no excusses, and that is that they make several for HIS LOSSES early in his career. And Im pretty damm positive that when he loses we will hear some more.

15. acb

acb De Camaguey... Gavilan Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    If your not joking...

Your doing exactly what Chimba is complaining about, unbelievable. :-(

I know you though, and you are to Pac what bigtime is to PBF.