Pac vs Bud official?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by PH|LLA, Apr 4, 2021.

1. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Don't buy that this fight will happen. I expect Pacquiao to predictably fight Mikey Garcia and Crawford to fight Porter which would actually be a great fight.

Reinhardt, Pimp C and Surrix like this.
  2. Surrix

Surrix Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Yeah. He doesn't fight vs Spence Jr despite this if he will win will boost his resume till step to be big name.
    Spence Jr. is 27-0-0 and looks that does have 2 belts and is 6-0-0 in World Title fights.
    He doesn't fights with this one and talks about long term established vey big name in old Pacman?

3. Bofo24

Bofo24 New Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    There's also Jake Paul, and Connor McGregor, who both got pro licenses?

4. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Conor = very big name for U.S MMA fans, he is MMA guy.
    NAME = money.
    Conor had lost his pro debut fight but he get world's history record purse for A DEBUT FIGHT IN PRO BOXING.
    Beacuase he was big name in MMA and Floyd Jr = big name in boxing world.
    $= pro boxing core not anything else.

5. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    What does Mayweather have to do in here? You need help bro

Manfred likes this.
  6. split_decision

split_decision Searching For Jerry Garcia Full Member

Apr 14, 2010
    a boxer fighting a boxer is very refreshing these days

Oddone likes this.
  7. Thanos

Thanos Active Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2015
    So it's not official yet? tf

8. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne’s life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    PAC wants forty million. If someone in Dubai wants this fight, then it happens. If they don’t, it doesn’t. Fans don’t determine fights. Fighters don’t determine fights. Promoters don’t determine fights.

Money does.

As boxing fans we will only see the fights that rich people are willing to host and sponsor.

9. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    There's so many more moving parts and factors for Pac that I'm not confident he's ever gonna even fight again. Most guys are just waiting on fights. Pac's been inactive for 2 years, so that's a major concern coupled with his age. 2 years inactivity is a major concern for fighters in their prime, nevermind a dude that's turning 43 this year. Risk/reward and timing and availability all add up to no fight for Pac ever again. Then he works full time in the Senate and then there's COVID. I think of COVID never happened, he'd have fought Mikey and Crawford/Spence already.

Thanos likes this.
  10. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    It's a weird situation, but also relatively straight forward as you've outlined. But I the thing that makes me think the Crawford fight could happen is that Mikey seems to cooled his jets with thinking it's on.

11. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Partially.

Big reason is how well known NAME there is and Pacman does know that with him attention might be warranted and ppv sales will be good.
    Better than Whyte vs Pov I and Pov II, A.J vs Pulev or Okolie vs Glowacki and Teo vs Loma too.
    He does knows this.

Look how high attention had Tyson's exib fight?
    fans = attention= media attention = money.
    At least something is compensated not that bad.

For fight with Pacman broadcasting media too might be willing to pay a lot because Pacman is very well known worldwide more than 10 years in row.

12. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    The Mayweathers lied about Pac being on A side meth.; Pac threatened to sue. The Mayweathers had to apologize cost em big $$$$$$$$$$ too
    Point is what are you doing in here you DKSAB lol

13. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Yeah, Pac I think is very old to fight, especially if bearing in mind his mileage.

However he is very big NAME, already very famous and rich. The situation is that boxing business needs him to fight with someone far more than Pacman needs to do this.
    Pacman might afford to ask even 50m not alone 40m. He is famous and already rich.
    Pac does have lesser motivation to fight than boxing world to have rich and famous Pacman in the ring.

Pakkuman likes this.
  14. tee_birch

tee_birch Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Hopefully this fight doesn’t happen. Crawford doesn’t deserve it.

15. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Yeah, I agree.
    If he was absolutely undisputed in his division and had successful defense with all his belts on the line and had also The Ring belt ( like Usyk had and vacated these ) then he maybe might dream to have enough accomplishments to have OLD very big famous NAME in the ring with him.
    Pacman does know how famous he is and how high attention and interest he might get for fight event.