PACMAN Vs J.C.CHAVEZ @ 130

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by George W Hedge, Jul 3, 2007.

1. George W Hedge

George W Hedge Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Imagine the best ever pacquiao (the 1 who fought morales the 3rd time) vs the 130 lb chavez, what a war.

Pac`s speed & power vs jc`s toughness & technique (tho theres much more to both fighters.)

As good as manny is right now I cant see him making it to the final bell never mind winning this 1.... no doubt some will disagree as some guys on esb think pac is god but julio is 1 guy who would be able to press the life out of pac, hammer his torso, take his power & make him miss while laying a tremendous beatdown on him.

Julio cesar Chavez TKO10 Manny Pacquiao

Brilliant fight tho.

:good

2. George W Hedge

Jul 28, 2004
    Just as I thought... I knew there would be some guys who voted for pac :lol:

I notice they never says why pac would win :yep

Pac`s biggest wins have come by ko, his biggest loss & blemish (draw) have been by decision to morales & marquez.

Let me put it this way, pacman will never beat jc on points for these reasons, he wouldnt out-work him & he isnt accurate or technically good enough to outbox & therefor outscore chavez.

That only leaves a tko or ko & you dont have to be a brain surgeon to know that.... NO WAY ON EARTH PAC CAN TKO OR KO CHAVEZ.... Im very certain of this, very certain.

Pac would do very well to lose big on points.

CHAVEZ TKO 10 PACQUIAO

3. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I'm confident that JCC had the chin to come forward and fight Pac...he would break Manny down...Chavez TKO

4. brownpimp88

brownpimp88 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Chavez is way bigger than him and i dont think pac will be able to keep him on the outside and box him off.

5. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Hmmm. I need to see more of PAC. My mind tells me this is a horrible match up for Chavez. PAC is still changing. He isn't the same come forward left hander.

6. Thinman

Thinman Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2005
    I Agree pretty much with everything you said. Pacman does not have the skills to outbox Chavez or any other great elite boxer at that weight.

Pacman can only win by TKO OR KO. If he doesn't knock down his opponents he would lose all his fights against elite fighters.

Pac fans cannot explain how he could beat Chavez or any other elite boxer. They think that all the great ones from the past will just fall like a tree. They think nobody can take his punches or avoid his punches.

Every time that Pac is in a dream fight with an elite boxer from the past, his fans just check who defeated that particular fighter and from that they make their assesment and pick Pac as the winner, and of course via KO. You don't read in the General Forum a single comment where his fans see Pac winning a decision. :yep

7. George W Hedge

Jul 28, 2004
    Agreed.

If you thought pac was troubled when morales backed him up in their 1st fight... you would be in for a shock here.

I can see pac breaking his hands on chavez thick head & receiving no response except in the form of a brutal body beating.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but I personally cant see how anyone can vote for pac, Id like them to explain just how he is going to beat chavez.
    :huh

8. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    I see a similar outcome to that of Hatton's win over Castillo.

Speed aside, there is'nt one single thing that Pac does better than JC Chavez at.

If Pac attempts to box, he gets taken apart, Chavez is the superior boxer..
    If Pac elects to brawls, he gets taken apart limb from limb on the inside vs Chavez. Chavez is just too strong and too good an infighter.

For those of you who saw JMM's work in disecting Pac, that would'nt be the half of what JC Chavez would do to Pac.
    Where JMM would get his combos off and get out, Chavez would have no need to get out, as Pac's punches would'nt have the effect on Chavez that it's had vs the likes of the fighters he's faced so far that come from the same weights he has.

JMM is on Par in the strenghth with Pac.....Chavez was a natural 130-135 pounder. A fighter who could very well have arguably defeated even every 140 pounder in history.

When you look at Pac's resume at 130 lbs, he's not fighting natural 130 pounders. The fighters he's fighting are all fighters that have come from the same weight classes he's been in.
    Morales, Barrera, JMM, Larios, you name them and none of these fighters are anywhere near natural 130 pounders.

Chavez wins this matchup with ease, and in any form he wishes to fight Pac in.
    Boxing, head on, punch for punch, you name it and Chavez beats Pac any way shape and form.

Cant put it any simpler than this, this fight is a mismatch in Chavez' favor.
    A cat has just as good a chance of surviving a pitbull in a cage match!:D

9. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Chavez by first degree murder

10. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Agreed. While both are very good aggressive fighters, Chavez was more educated while pressuring. Pacquaio's body-punching is a reasonably solid part of his game, but Chavez focused more to the body, especially the left hand. When do you ever seen Pacqauio throw right hands to the body out of the southpaw stance?. Not very often.

Chavez is a much more measured fighter with his aggression, he always liked to be accurate and patient. Pacquaio has never been that type of fighter. Its not in his DNA to be measured.

One problem for Chavez against Pacquaio would be movement. While he's an aggressive fighter, he likes to jump in then out again, and switch angles. Much more unpredictable than most aggressive fighters Chavez faced during his career. Saying that, Chavez' accuracy and sustained pressure would break Pacqauio down late.

Pacquaio does have pretty nice movement, but he'd need a crisp busy jab from the outside to cause Chavez a serious headache. Pacquaio only uses his jab as a range finder, its never a punch used effectively enough for him to be given the term "boxer".

11. George W Hedge

Jul 28, 2004
    Agreed

12. rekcutnevets

rekcutnevets Black Sash Full Member

May 25, 2007
    Let's get a few thing out of the way. Chavez is the best offensive fighter I have ever seen. He is the best at 140, ever, in my opinion. That is how I remember him, great at junior welterweight. The funny thing is, that I don't rembember him as well as a lighter fighter. I remember most "experts" picking Camacho over him in fantasy match ups, years before they really fought. This is because he did not look as imposing at any other weight, like he did at 140. I am not saying sucked below this, only that I believe people are picturing the 140 lb. Chavez vs. Pacquiao. I don't think this is fair.

Pac is more developed now, technique wise, than at any other time in his career. He has a right hand to go with his left now, and he is very durable. Pac would also have a hand speed edge. He would beat Chavez to the punch at times. Pacquiao would not be bullied by Chavez at 130, hurt yes, but not humiliated. I think Pac would outwork Chavez, beat him to the punch, and wobble to a decision victory.

If Chavez had been as good at 130, as he was at 140, I would say otherwise.

13. Pat_Lowe

Pat_Lowe Active Member Full Member

Feb 26, 2006
    At 130 Chavez was very good but by the time he had won the title and was starting to hit his stride he was a bit weight drained. I believe his peak weight was 135. His best performance against Rosario took place at that weight, I don't think he looked better against any other opponent. Also he beats Pacquaio at 130 for sure. He could walk through Pacquaio's punches and his size difference would be a major advantage. I pick him to knockout Pac

14. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    135lbs and 140lbs?. Pacquaio has never fought at those weights, and probably never will. Even though he's a division below at 130lbs, I'm not sure he'll ever move up to lightweight. He's moved up enough so far.

15. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Believe me Robbi, if Erik Morales beats Diaz for the lightweight title, Bob Arum will have Pacquiao move up to lightweight for a 4th fight with Morales.
    The hype will be that Morales was weight drained at 130 lbs.

Bob Arum is a smart business man, he wants no part of Juan Manuel Marquez, he'll move Manny up to lightweight if Morales is the champ there.