Pacquiao v Duran At 147lbs?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Tonto62, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Cotto doesn't come close to the abilities of prime Leonard or Palomino. Sorry to tell you that. And by the time Pac got to Cotto ,Cotto had suffered a violent ko loss to Margarito , and had tough fights with Moseley,Clotty and Judah that seemed to take something out of him . So he wasn't " A Beast" by the time he fought Pac and some would say he seemed to be slipping.

2. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    You and I disagree a lot. but I'll answer it because I didn't see him mention it in his posts .. I really like Spence and how he works off his jab. He passes the eye test for me big time And I'll take him over Crawford if they fight. I think he's a family man out of Texas and flies straight as an arrow .. So school me on him as you know more than me, and is he that good?

And I'll take Duran over Pac

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  3. Flash24

Oct 22, 2015
    Your on point I forgot Spence.

4. Bronze Tiger

Bronze Tiger Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2018
    What's your opinion on Errol Spence?

5. Flash24

Oct 22, 2015
    Their have been MANY fighters that could've brawled with and defeated in his prime Pacquiao. He was knocked out cold in a brawl with Marquez.

6. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    1. That wasn't his prime

2. In Pacquiao's prime, Marquez brawled with Pacquiao in the first round and was dropped 3 times. He immediately stopped brawling.

Nobody, not even Duran can brawl with Pacquiao.

7. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Spence is a little robotic for my liking but he's a very strong, well-schooled, and talented fighter. I think Crawford is more skilled and has greater natural abilities than Spence, but he's much smaller than Spence so I think it could be a competitive fight.

8. Flash24

Oct 22, 2015
    So fighters like Henry Armstrong, Alexis Arguello, Ruben Olvaires, Aaron Pryor, Roberto Duran,, Julio Chavez, Alfonso Zamora, Carlos Zarate, Sandy Saddler, Esubio Pedroza, Erik Morales, Danny Lopez, Lupe Pintor, some of the better Bantamweight s to Jr. Welters ( Notice I didnt mention any welters ) Sal Sanchez, ( Make no mistake a beautiful boxer, but would get in the trenches with any fighter) And quite a few others I didn't mention like some of the great brawling Japanese champs wouldn't stand a chance against Pac in a brawl? Really? You actually believe that? Pardon me, I'm trying to find the S and the Cape on Pac. And I'm still looking.

9. ringsider

ringsider Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Roberto Duran would beat the southpaw Pacquiao like a red headed stepchild....I can't believe people think Pacquiao could out box, let alone out slug Roberto Duran....it would not happen.

10. ringsider

Mar 11, 2009

LOL...have another toke...lol

11. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    He can be outboxed, but nobody could outbrawl Pac in his prime. Barrera tried to brawl and was crushed. Marquez tried in round 1 and was crushed and then started boxing. Morales tried in the first round and was crushed by a bodyshot and immediately stopped brawling. Hatton tried to brawl and was crushed. And then Cotto tried to brawl in the first 4 rounds and was crushed. Then he ran away.

Chavez would get crushed if he tried to brawl with Pac. Sanchez would never brawl with Pac, he would turn it into a counter-punching fight. Zarate would get crushed if he tried to brawl. Duran has the best chance to brawl with him and win.

Pryor is a natural Junior Welterweight. I said anybody Lightweight on down cannot outbrawl Pac.

12. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Name 1 fighter we actually have extensive film of, (not some legendary newspaper accounts) that could outbrawl Pac from Lightweight on down?

13. ringsider

Mar 11, 2009
    Chavez beats Pacquiao....lol....it would be a beating. Marquez put Pacquiao to sleep, and was robbed when he fought him the other 2 times. Chavez beats him down and stops him around 10. Pacquiao's chin can't take the heat.

14. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Frankie Randall.

15. ringsider

Mar 11, 2009
    That was one night. Lol....go back and breast feed on Manny.