Pacquiao vs Spence

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson379, Aug 13, 2019.

Who wins and how?

1. Pacquiao UD

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. Pacquiao KO/TKO

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Spence UD

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
  4. Spence KO/TKO

20 vote(s)
    32.8%
  5. Draw

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Spence's power may be very overrated. Pac would have folded Mikey with body punches.

CST80, George Crowcroft and Dance84 like this.
  2. Love2box

Love2box Active Member Full Member

Apr 5, 2016
    I am not saying that Pac has this in the bag, but I am definitely not counting him out.

You on the other hand will always have an excuse on any Pac wins. You have almost always have him losing just to be surprised that he won and then say something about why he should've won anyways. He beats Thurman, and all of a sudden Thurman is a has been. I have a very strong feeling that if and when he beats Spence, you will be the first to say that Spence have not fought and beat anyone of any significant. You and most pac detractors stated that you would give Pac his full due credit if he wins, and now all we hear are excuses on how horrible Thurman was, long layoff, pac cherry picked Thurman, Thurman was the under dog and never had a chance blah blah blah. Just admit that you are a certified hater and remember, you can love Floyd and still be a fan of Manny too. Floyd will not hate you if he found out that you are also a Manny fan like he is.

Bofo24 and Pakkuman like this.
  3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I have no excuses for the Thurman fight I said Thurman would win and he lost. Pac is an ATG I gave Pac his due and can move on. With that said Spence is not Thurman I have said this time and time again. Beating a guy like Thurman, who he was favored to beat I might add, doesn't all of a sudden elevate Pac to GOAT or a top 10 P4P alltime fighter it's silly to even suggest it. If Pac beats a guy like Crawford or Spence guys who would be favored to beat him then we can talk until then it was a good win against Thurman enjoy it but stop with this GOAT stuff.

4. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Thurman was the most accomplished welterweight in the division (aside from Pac). Dude schooled Josesito before and after he got hurt. He had 2 strength and conditioning coaches for the Pac fight and you saw the hard work pay off — stamina and heart remained after getting dropped and beaten up. It was the best Thurman we've ever seen. He fought with no injuries and had time to let his body rest.

It's one of the finest victories of the last 5 years.

And are you seriously saying that the versions from the Danny and Shawn fights would have beaten Pac?

Bofo24 likes this.
  5. Love2box

Apr 5, 2016
    I agree that he is not GOAT currently, but i understand why other's may already have him there or after he beats spence/Crawford. Why are you always bringing up favored/underdog with Pac? Was pbf not favored to win about 99.9% of all of his fights? Going by your logic, because floyd was always favored to win, his wins are all overrated? I don't think they are, but do you see how your argument is a double standard, and you can be seen as someone why comes across as a hater?

Bofo24 likes this.
  6. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    I've always said that PBF would be the favorite over any boxer in the world 154 and down when he was active that's just how great he was. There was no one in the weight classes he fought in that could beat him, it's not his fault he was simply superior to everyone else, he was a special fighter. There are guys in the weight classes PAc fights at that can beat Pac and which is why he wouldn't be favored against them. PBF was favored to beat him and did. Crawford would be favored and so would Spence. That's not a knock on Pac who's the 2nd best of the era BTW.

7. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    I don't know that for fact but I will only say Thurman had elbow surgery and a long layoff. That version could have beaten Pac just as easily as Pac could have beaten that version. We will never know. BTW you got to stop with this best version stuff you said Broner was the best version we ever saw against Pac and that's ridiculous. The best version of Broner was the one against Maidana who took his soul. Maidana's win over a undefeated Broner is a better win than Pac's win over him.

8. Love2box

Apr 5, 2016
    You just said that Pac was favored to beat Thurman, therefore the win did not mean as much because he was expected to win. So then, what the hell is this crap about Floyd being favored to win 100% of his fights but that is perfectly fine? Your logic is flawed. Please re-read what you wrote and what I wrote.

Bofo24 likes this.
  9. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Makes 0 sense. Why would broner get up for a maidana who just lost to khan moreso than against an ATG like Pac.

Unless the fighter has seriously aged or is damaged, he’s going to be his best for his biggest fights. In the case of broner it would have been Pac, easily.

As for Thurman, he was probably his best vs Porter, he would have gotten up for that fight as much as Pac as porter was perceived as an even greater threat by Thurman. He sure did get up for Pac though, I think that version was better than the Thurman that fought Danny with an injury.

Bofo24 likes this.
  10. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    I said it was a good win but it wasn't an upset. People are acting as if it was some huge upset that Pac won, no he was the favorite going in. My logic isn't flawed because from 154 and down no one in the world would be favored to beat PBF he was that good not his fault, PBF is the exception not the rule. He can still have a good win despite being the favorite. Pac would have been favored over anyone in the world 154 and down to just not against PBF. These 2 were special fighters, I just feel that PBF was on another level more complete and less flawed. PBF doesn't lose to the fighters that Pac lost to.

11. Love2box

Apr 5, 2016
    Pac started off as an underdog until people started laying down huge money. Favored or not, the win is very significant because he is 40+ years old, out of his prime, washed up, was supposed to retire after ktfo6, smaller, shorter, t-rex arms..... and the list goes on. That is why I and so many are so impressed by this win.

Bofo24 likes this.
  12. Love2box

Apr 5, 2016
    I can also say with much confidence that Pac will also go through Floyd's resume and not lose (With the exception to JMM who was no longer prime and undersized when he fought floyd).

Bofo24 likes this.
  13. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    He was on top full of confidence thinking he could beat anyone and was the next big thing "About Billions" remember?? He was sadly mistaken and humbled in embarrassing fashion if you don't think that does something to a fighter's psyche to lose the way Broner did then you're crazy. After he lost to Maidana he lost to Porter in a one-sided bad blood king of Ohio fight despite the meaningless knockdown in the 12th. That further chipped away at his spirit at that point he was basically checked out he knew he couldn't deal with the best fighters since moving up. After that he went life and death with Granados in a fight some said he lost. Fought Mikey and got tooled again Drew with Jesse Vargas and lost to Pac. You honestly want me to believe that the version of Broner who lived a rap video lifestyle outside of the ring arrested multiple times for crazy and alcohol related offenses had been beaten up and humiliated several times was the best version ever of Adrien Broner is who pac faced?? Do you really want me to believe that ****? Do you have a bridge to sell me to while you're at it?

14. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Wrong! Canelo would beat Pac. Maidana might have to he was dirty like Horn but more skilled and would have mugged Pac to.

15. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Spence by UD or late TKO.

Current Pac doesn't have the stamina of a young Pac. He slowed down after 6 rounds against Thurman and lost most of the lead he accumulated. At this point in Pac's career, he's too old to fight a 12 round fight effectively and he may get hurt later in the fight against Spence.