Pacquiao would have absolutely annihilated Chavez Sr.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Ike-Man

Ike-Man Active Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Nope, not even Duran stops prime Chavez ats him yes but not stopping him.

2. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Margarito was heavier handed imo than Chavez snr

3. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Manny fights nothing like Rosario or Taylor.

Can one person actually address that pressure fighters worst enemy is a big puncher?

4. smitty_son408

smitty_son408 J ust E njoy T his S hit Full Member

May 3, 2008
    Based on?

5. smitty_son408

smitty_son408 J ust E njoy T his S hit Full Member

May 3, 2008
    You believe that Pac will be able to bomb out a Chavez in peak condition? I fail to see that happening. Pac will either be a sitting duck or on the back foot for the majority of this fight.

Ronnie Raygun likes this.
  6. BewareofDawg

BewareofDawg P4P Champ Full Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Body Shots may be a problem for the Mighty Pac Man. Also, I assume this fight would be at 140lbs? We didn't see much of Pacman at that weight.

I do know that right before his move up to 140 and above, he looked very beatable in his rematches with JMM and MAB (not saying he lost to MAB, he clearly won, but didn't look unbeatable).

I think stylistically you are right. However, you can't write off Chavez. And his body shots may be a problem for Pacman, especially since Pac had been stopped by body shots previously.

7. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    If Chavez tries to pressure Pacquiao which he will then he will have to eat some Pacquiao punches.

8. tekkennlee

tekkennlee Member Full Member

May 12, 2017
    Pressure fighters worst enemy is a smart boxer mover that has power and a chin I.E ALI Sweet Pea May-Weather M .Taylor But he was stupid at the end of his fight with chavez when Lu Duva told him to knock him out , he should of boxed him and moved . These fighters beat Pressure power puncher fighters all the time , guys tha tfans say are unbeatable like GGG Kovalev Tyson and others . Pac is not a Boxer like May W. he is a boxer puncher and has no D uses his hand speed but likes to go toe to toe with guys docent have the head movement he more like Macho Camacho then like Sweet pea thats why he would lose

9. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Pressure is not power. You're confusing the two styles. A pressure fighter's worst enemy is a power puncher. It's always been that way. See Foreman Frazier, Hearns Duran, Pacquiao Hatton, etc. The list goes on.

Kovlaev isn't even close to being a pressure fighter. He's a pure boxer puncher. He's nothing like a pressure fighter. That is a very, very bad style analysis.

10. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Observation. He was naturally a smaller man ! jcc snr wasn't as good as what people make out. When he fought other world class fighters he didn't exactly **** it did he.