Paddy Barnes beat

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Journey Man, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Nose broke in 1st, dropped to the body in 2nd. Loses 6 round SD. Surely retiring now. Turned pro too late, went for gold in Rio to lose his first fight there when he should have been pro 4 years by then.

Holler and Accurate like this.
  2. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Yeah, probably left his best years in the amateurs unfortunately.

Hope he retires now and can find something else he is good at.

DON1 likes this.
  3. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The ref didn’t even count it as a knockdown, did he? Shocking call

4. stittyb

stittyb Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Credit to Barnes in the post fight interview. He was a tad harsh on himself, 5th round was close and I think he edged the 6th, but he was beaten by the better man and made no excuses.

Nowhere for him to go now though. Too small to be effective, too old to boil down.

DON1, Holler, DJN16 and 2 others like this.
  5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Mojica hadn't beaten anybody with a positive record in over three years, and has only done so five times in eighteen bouts.

N17 and Northadox like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Barnes is a joke.

This content is protected

Timestamped.

He gave the above interview before his fight. Listen above, he's such a bitter, sad midget that he's wishing other boxers get frozen out of the sport and forced to retire. He spends a large portion of the interview talking up a Unification fight (lmfao) with Charlie Edwards when he's getting battered by unknown Mexican journeymen.

This idiot talks the most trash about other boxers on Twitter so I'm glad he's been beaten. A terrible pro fighter.

Potwash, Clarkey, Sphillips and 3 others like this.
  7. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I really liked Paddy in the amateurs, thought he was a class act and funny to listen to so I was excited when he turned over. He simply never adapted though. Like I said in my original post, if he had turned pro after London 2012, he could have took his time and had 10 fights or so learning the pro game. He turned over too late and had to be rushed, and just was not used to fighting tough men who wanted to knock his head off, rather than skillful boxers trying to outpoint him.

8. mckay_89

mckay_89 Haw you! Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Barnes was never suited to the pro's so I don't think it would have mattered if he had turned pro after London 2012. He was a very good amateur and can take pride in that.

DON1, Holler and im sparticus like this.
  9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Being a grown man his size is basically fighting with a disability, even at those lower weights. You can tell from looking at his physique that he has to eat himself up and carry a certain amount of body fat just to weight around the 8 stone mark. He is also listed as 5ft 4" but that is clearly not the case either, doubt he's even 5ft 2". He even looked small as an amateur at 49kg and with same day weigh ins, but you can get away with it more there. The pro ranks are totally different.

10. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Comes over as very arrogant so deserves the slating he is getting on social media and forums -- he would be the same with either Edwards brother losing. He will surely retire now and boxing at a higher weight is no excuse because him and his team took the fight. If he was serious about his career he would be much lighter and in much better shape IMO and would also have a better attitude to go with it!

DON1, CutThroatFade and Fhaggis like this.
  11. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    He looks very small for a bantam, thought he was a flyweight.

DON1 likes this.
  12. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    He made a mug off himself to say what he did about Edwards then lose to a journeyman

13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Arrogant and bitter little man, I won't miss him and i don't think boxing will..

DavidJames, hammertime and Smudge_ like this.
  14. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I thought he should retire after his previous fight. Surely no debate now.

15. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Should have changed his name. Paddy Barnes is maybe the softest, the least intimidating name I've ever heard. So soft it could as well be Puffy Bubbles. It's obvious he can't punch or take a good shot with a name like that.

N17 and Smudge_ like this.