Palle: Calzaghe - Kessler is 95% certain now.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Korn_06, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Indeed...if he doesn't fight the best, I'll drop him like a hot potato...he'll never be Mike Tyson, he'll never be p4p top 5, so he should show heart and character and dare to be the best he can, if he wants to make a mark...

2. Faetter_BR

Faetter_BR Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2004
    yep that would be Irony - especially when Palm was willing to stage it in Denmark.

As for your math - 3M$ for the undercard - who do you plan having on that? Hatton?

3. Faetter_BR

Aug 4, 2004
    Considering that Calzaghe didn't make +1M before Veit II - I think your estimates are too high.

4. Faetter_BR

Aug 4, 2004
    well the Andrade prediction was pretty much a give away

As for the rest - time will tell.

Although I remember you claiming Calzaghe had several and better options... doesn't seem that way atm

5. Faetter_BR

Aug 4, 2004
    Well I can see you're having more than just developmental delays...

No way Enzo got 700K on say the Manfredo-undercard for figthing a crap fighter like he did. Champion or not.

Khan can sell tickets - but isn't needed for this fight - and if he getting that kind of money this early, then Calzaghe should feel cheated as hell - he hardly got that versus Lacy...

I'm not aware of Warren using spectatorrelated pay for his boxer at that level - undercardboxers get a fixed pay - not a pay depending on the number of tickets sold.

The undercard this time around doesn't mater - it did when the opponent was crap!

6. Faetter_BR

Aug 4, 2004
    Kessler drew 20.000 spectators in Copenhagen with a crappy undercard. Furthermore people don't get paid that much to fight on a undercard because they have plenty to gain. How much do you think Calzaghe got for fighting on the Nielsen-Tyson undercard in Copenhagen? - nothing much - he fought on the card to get US-airtime - that was his "salory"

I don't doubt that Enzo and Khan are paid pretty well - but my guess would be that they earn around 100-150K pr fight, when fighting on a undercard and mayby up towards 400k on a main card.

btw who won olympic gold of those three???

Calzaghe-Kessler would be the fight of the century in Europe - it doesn't need a good undercard to sell tickets.

7. Faetter_BR

Aug 4, 2004
    I don't know what you're making but 100-150K pr fight with 3-4 fights a year is a decent earning to me.

Of there has to be a undercard - but it doesn't have to be exspensive - not 3M that's for sure.

As for the ticketprices for Kessler - They ranged from 50$ to 1000$ (ringside) - average price around 120-150$. Then there are sales - which brings it up around 5M$ just in gates/sales - that's with a undercard which proberbly cost: 200K - and that's putting it high!