Parker Chisora 2 ticket sales

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Azza43, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Is it not ppv?

2. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I was going to go to this fight, but literally can't be arsed.

Read a Coldwell interview about Chisora, who was saying how much he has changed and now wants to work, his first few days with him he realised how off he was during pad work but he's making big progress.

You can interchange Coldwell with Haye/Charles, just the same inane shite year after year.

3. Azza43

Azza43 Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2018
    A lot of comments saying they don't care about numbers and not interested in ticket sales etc.

Good for you. The numbers/business side of it interests me a lot, hence my post, and I think its a very good indicator as to where the sport is right now in this country.

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    But, with the fight happening in mid-December, don't you think perhaps they might sell a few more tickets by then?

5. Azza43

Azza43 Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2018
    This isn't like the US where late walkups are a thing, you get a good indication from early on, its pretty clear this will be a very poor attendance.

Matchroom 100% woulda thought this show would sell out with the card they've put on. Also worth noting Connor Benn and Katie Taylor were supposed to be on this card, but Dillian Whyte faking injury resulted in them having to do another show and consequently splitting this card.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  6. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I went to Whyte Chisora 2 which was the last Saturday before Christmas, plenty of people out on the lash for it rather than there for the event, I know this happens at a lot of boxing events, just seemed to be a lot more people uninterested in what was going on than usual.

Saying that, I was in the £40 seats. Never again.

Might pick up a few of the Christmas night out people for this, I know Manchester Christmas markets are a big thing at that time of year too.

7. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Isn't I a reflection of the fact that most fights being made are so tedious this is more interesting.

We have a world title fight Saturday, Kid Galahad vs Martinez not exactly a topic I want to be analysing and debating.

It will be really boring and Galahad will win wide on points.

Brixton Bomber and Gregor1987 like this.
  8. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    The first fight I thought was great and had Chisora winning so I'm really looking forward to this. Must be the only person on here who is lol.

9. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I think it is a great fight too. The first one was good, and it was close and competitive, just 6 months ago. These are exactly the types of rematches we should be getting.
    It is a good one.

Potwash likes this.
  10. Plaistow

Plaistow Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Nope...

11. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    As a non-PPV televised weekend main event, I don't think anyone should complain about Parker-Chisora 2. It is decent and worthy fight.

But attending live, the cheapest seats at a large arena around 50 quid, it is overpriced really. Those won't be good view seats.
    It would be better if these fights were staged in small venues with good view of the fights, so there is actually an incentive for fans to attend.

Bob Flaps, Jurgen and Potwash like this.
  12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

When Okolie is the "star attraction" you are bang in trouble... LEGS ARE SHAKY ADAM, LEGS ARE SHAKY

Brixton Bomber and Safin like this.
  13. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I'm half tempted to go to this as at least it wont cost a fortune. But its not a fight that gets the pulses racing as a headline.

14. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Stick to the sensible half of your brain mate - no excitement in yet another plod fest.

15. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    The first fights exactly the type of fights we,ve needed for years imo. Contender v contender. For too long the guys just off title level have avoided each other just waiting out for title shots. With that being said...do we really need to see it again atm. Good close fight...but let each of them go off to fight the ortiz,s or hrgovic or joyce, hunter, bakole, or yoka etc.

Lots of guys out there....sitting almost inactive. Its the big hope for dazn...should allow these type of fights to happen more often. Got to be better than guys like ortiz waiting till hes 40 to get his big shot etc.

I m pretty sure chisora v joyce and parker v ortiz or vice versa is more interesting to see than parker v chisora again. We found out the first fight their around the same level...lets find out if these other guys are above or below that level.