Parker Chisora 2 ticket sales

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Azza43, Nov 9, 2021.

1. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Thats how hes played out his career....unlike everyone else thats carefully managed themselves...chisoras sold himself to the highest bidder. He isnt interested in being a contender i agree. But seriously...its ridiculous to not consider him a contender. He beat whyte that first fight....and yet whytes just about to contend for the title. Parkers been a world champion and yet he beat chisora by about a point. He gave usyk a harder fight than joshua did. Even if chisora didnt consider himself a contender...its ridiculous not to consider him so.

2. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Yeah their all contenders tho. Thats the argument. If chisoras a contender. The answer is of course he is. As are the other dozen heavyweights. No ones saying hes a world champion in waiting. But ridiculous to suggest chisoras not a contender.

Unforgiven likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    When he was fighting on BoxNation, KOing the likes of Malik Scott and Edmund Gerber, there was a lot less hype than the last few years on SKY against the likes of Arthur Szpilka and David Price.
    Probably because with 8, 9, 10 or so losses on his record now, they need to hype up the myth of a "re-born" Chisora.
    Instead of just giving him credit for still being about the same as what he always was. Which is impressive enough anyway, at his age.

In my opinion anyway.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I guess it depends how you define "contender". I can agree with that statement though.
    But then, I think a "gatekeeper" is probably a fighter who is on the low end of the contenders anyway, basically a "fringe contender" who will fight and test anyone.

bbjc likes this.
  5. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    Do you think Matchroom is going to cancel the show ?

6. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Helenius was the same guy that lost to dephaus and gerald washington and lost by ten points against an unfit dillian whyte.

Chisoras now giving usyk a tough fight...losing to joe parker by a point and for my money going one - one with dillian whyte. Tbf chisora had more skill back in the helenius days. But hes a harder fight nowadays for other heavyweights. I think thats because hes on something tbf. Hes hitting harder with every shot...you can tell its making the opponents uncomfortable nowadays whereas inferior opponents we,re dealing with it better back in his so called prime.

7. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012

Agree bud it probably is subjective to how you/we personally view it.

Unforgiven likes this.
  8. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    I think if Parker or Chisora pick up an injury, it may well be cancelled.

Or that snake Hearn will just cancel the show due to poor ticket sakes and try to put it on Chisora, saying something like he picked up an "injury" -- similar to how Whyte was "injured" and couldn't fight Wallin, if you know what I mean -- or was holding Matchroom up for more money.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  9. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    They are expecting around 7-9k tickets and will achieve that relatively comfortably.

the show will not be cancelled as the money from DAZN is the driver for the show. 75% of the money is from the rights fee. It’s the same with all tv broadcasts

10. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Ok ,so what is he contending for?

11. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    OK. Thanks for the info. I hope that the show goes ahead.

12. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I know exactly what you mean :)

Oneirokritis likes this.
  13. Hankey89

Hankey89 Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    This. Chisora isn't contending for anything... any good fighter he faces, he loses to.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Is parker a contender? What about dillian whyte are they contenders? Anyone in that top ten is a contender for a title shot.

While half of these guys in the division are sitting it out...chisoras fighting future world champions in usyk...former world champions in parker...and a guy thats just about to get a title shot in whyte.

I m sorry but are joyce hrgovic or yoka anymore of a contender than chisora is. Between them their best win is dubois who,s best win was the fat lad who,s pretty much area level. At least we know chisoras actually competetive with the top level. These other guys are a lot less proven than chisora is to be a contender.

You cant be giving the best contenders very very hard nights and not be thought of as a contender. Chisora gave usyk a hard night. The same guy that made the guy that was holding the title look gunshy all night long.

15. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Parker is, his aim is another World title

Joyce is a mandatory so yes he is as he aims to win a World title

Same with Whyte, a mandatory

Yeah its bollocks most of the actual contenders sit and wait around

But as much as i dont like it, there's a reason why and you know its protecting that future pay day

Derek dont have that to worry about so has the luxery of fighting whoever he chooses for as much as possible with no concequences if he loses really
    Which is good because he loses a lot

Chisora is not aiming for any kind of title
    He is and understandably so fighting for the most money on offer

You say Joyces best win is against Dubois
    Most probably but Chisoras is bloody Carlos Takam for christs sake
    Who Joyce also beat but you dont believe thats his best win....

Giving people you eventually lose to a tough fight dont make you a contender.. If that were the case, lets call Burnley FC contenders eh