Parker is shot, he should retire.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by f1ght3rz, May 1, 2021.

1. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Something tells me he won’t be joining the champions club again...

2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    He peaked in the Whyte fight. But after that loss it was over. Parker has the tolls but isn't mentally prepared to take the fight to a decent slugger like Chisora. It's time Parker gets trained by Tony Sims

f1ght3rz likes this.
  3. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    He doesn't have to. Doc is a living legend.

4. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    You might be right with the peak. He looked fantastic in the Whyte fight, especially late. Really went to war and was aware that he needed a big round and got it. He looks so flat. Like he doesn't care.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  5. Geo1122

Jul 7, 2017
    I was talking about Parker :risas3:

6. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    :risas3: Oh well...

7. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    He used to have lightning fast hands with a lot of spite behind them. Now he's just of average speed throwing cuffing single shots and a few poking jabs before falling into a clinch. Don't know how much of that is physical deterioration, and how much a generally cooling of interest in the sport of prize fighting in general, but he's clearly massively regressed as a fighter and would get outpointed by a number of up and comers. Forget about Usyk, Joyce would have his way with him, as would Hunter, Yoka, Hrgovic, Makhmudov. Even that fat slob Kownacki would probably outpoint him since Parker just wouldn't do enough to hurt him or outwork him in any round.

8. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Parker does not seem to be able to finish an opponent. He had Chisora on the ropes and gasping several times late in the fight but failed to take advantage. Really bizarre and no way to advance one's career.

9. Geo1122

Jul 7, 2017
    I wouldn’t go as far as Kownacki. Chisora would do a number on him. Truthfully I think Chisora is massively underrated, and usually makes his opponents look bad. Hunter I’m not sure about. He’s a smaller fighter that doesn’t have that ugly aggression that Chisora brings. Styles make fights and whatnot. Yoka dismantles Parker with ease.

The biggest disappointment was not seeing Parker push on in the later rounds. He must have felt that it was close, but seemed to opt for risking it with the cards.

10. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    He's not shot, he just never was that good. He's only 29, he's as good as he's ever been.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  11. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    Bull****. Watch him against Ruiz or Whyte.

And again...i'm not talking about SKILLS. I'm talking about his mental approach. He's done with boxing.

It's Ovah likes this.
  12. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Parker is one of those fighters people like and for some odd reason lots give him passes they'd never give others...

Hes always been bang average ffs. I don't know what some people see in there sometimes.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. Manu Vatuvei

Manu Vatuvei Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2011
    He’s the same level he’s always been. Close fights with Ruiz, Whyte, Chisora, Takam, Hughie Fury. That’s his level.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. Manu Vatuvei

Manu Vatuvei Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2011
    It’s weird to see people now saying the Whyte fight was a better version of Parker. That was his most disappointing loss. He was outboxing Whyte and let himself get bullied in the middle rounds. Tonight he actually came back and outboxed Chisora in the mid-late rounds. If anything it’s a slight improvement.

15. Aint no stoppin

Aint no stoppin Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Sometimes its right to switch trainers and get a fresh start and of course that was only the first fight with andy lee so we have to wait and see how that develops.
    But parker and barry had a strong bond like there will never be with lee imo. Now parker is likely moving to the uk too.
    Parker and barry had a great run