Parker looks tiny!!! Put your house on AJ

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by anjawnaymiz, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Parker has little to no chance.

I honestly believe AJ is better than him in every single department including speed.

This chin has never been tested either.

2. bluebird

bluebird Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2009
  3. defcon2000

defcon2000 New Member Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Remember Hay is wearing Cuban Heals

DJN16 and Scissors like this.
  4. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I have said since it was announced that Joshua wins, but why is Parker being dismissed and written off?

Joshua didn't look great against Takam, don't misunderstand me it wasn't terrible and AJ won everything for me but it was a poor stoppage and Joshua sort of chugged his way through it, AJ wasn't explosive or electrifying.

Parker has been through a few tough/awkward fights, that is fantastic experience, he is unbeaten, he believes in himself, he can hit hard enough, he is young and hungry and a world champion.

While I am firmly in the AJ camp I actually like Parker and think he is being overlooked far too easily, I would not be surprised to see an upset, it just wouldn't shock me.

Sugar 88 likes this.
  5. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Parker is 6 feet 4 inches tall, Joyce is 6 feet 6, Joshua is closer to 6 feet 5 as Vlad was a little taller than Joshua.................it depends on the shoes and camera angle a lot..............

6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    How did Parker do against Takam? He laboured and dropped 5 rounds. AJ didn’t drop one and had him on his back in the 4th. Parker was hitting him flush to no avail. The stoppage you can call bad but it WAS the right call. Everyone forgets about the cut too. The cut affected AJ terribly in the Takam fight but he soldiered on and done what needed to be done. He came in far too heavy and appears to be addressing that.

He comes in lighter and no cuts from an accidental clash of heads and he stops Parker in 4.

7. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Looks like a Maori Roger Federer here.........

8. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Not only put your house on AJ but put it on going less than 5 rounds.
    AJ will look good against Parker and it will be his best performance yet.

Scissors likes this.
  9. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I've made it clear I believe Joshua wins, so I won't keep saying it after this post and I'm not saying Parker wins, what I am saying is Parker shouldn't be overlooked or underestimated.

And yes people have probably forgotten about Joshua's cut because he wasn't cut, he had a broken nose.. anyway..

You make excuses for Joshua on a winning but rather lacklustre performance against a late substitute, the broken nose, that he came in too heavy.

It was a poor stoppage, it wasn't the worst I've seen but it was poor, and let's not forget Joshua had a man who was badly cut over both eyes, his vision impaired right in front of him and Joshua didn't roll him out or spark him.

And yeah sure Parker struggled against Takam but I believe it was a great experience for him, and how do you know he didn't come in too heavy? How do we know he didn't have a terrible camp? How do we know he didn't completely underestimate Takam, we can all go through lots of possible excuses.

We've be seen Joshua dropped by Wladimir, we've seen AJ wobbled and seriously hurt by Whyte, you tell me when was the last time you saw Whyte drop somebody decent or have them seriously hurt?

Whyte doesn't punch that hard and we've heard stories of Joshua being KTFO, dropped or seriously hurt in sparring by the likes of Okolie.

So that suggests to me Parker doesn't need unbelievable power to at the very least hurt Joshua so therefore he shouldn't be overlooked or underestimated.

Dolski, Sugar 88 and zulander like this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    This. People mention the Takam fight but AJ won that easily. If that's a bad night then the vast majority of fighters will take that. AJ beat Takam a lot easier than Parker did.

Also how can anyone really talk about AJ's last fight as some kind of negative while ignoring Parker's last fight vs Fury?

AJ was not seriously hurt vs Whyte. Wobbled yes but in no way did he ever look like he was getting stopped or going down vs Whyte.

Scissors likes this.
  11. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Anyone thinking Parker isnt in this fight is crazy. Aj is fav and rightly so but parker has more than a punchers chance here. Parker is coming to win and will fight to the end, hes on full notice and has had a full camp. He is a champion himself and believes in himself. Hes mentally up for this and carrys his own physical attributes into this fight.
    Parker is the underdog but sometimes they come out on top. It wouldnt be a masive shock to me if he turned aj over. Mendy and truax were massive underdogs but there wins looked convincing

N17 likes this.