Parker splits from Barry

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bartkiwi, Mar 4, 2021.

1. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    As limited as Fa is, they've done a great job making him a solid technical boxer who can gameplan effectively (even though their Parker gameplan was clearly inspired by Hughie Fury's performance). The level of boxing their guys exhibit in MMA too is levels above 99% of the guys in the sport.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    It's hard to say whether this change is Parker doing what he should have done years ago, or whether it's him winding down into retirement.

Holler likes this.
  3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I suppose it's a good move, when's the last time Parker has looked "good"?

That said.. Parker is the one in ring, he is one that is so passive, so boring, so negative, plodding and going through the motions.

When you are in the ring you have to take most of the responsibility for your performances. A trainer can only take so much of the blame.

We will see who he teams up with and if he moves abroad to do it, because it's a move to either the US or U.K if he is serious about his career and trainer choice.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Parker is now an old dog. He needs to be rebuilt from the ground up as his last few fights I've just been seeing the same old stationary target on defence and plodding standard combo attacks on offence. His offence is seriously like a 90s video game with about 5 different animations to choose from. How does a new coach introduce any subtlety into a guys arsenal at the age of 29 when he's been a world champ and had 30 pro fights? This call has been made 5 years too late.

Wizbit1013 and Holler like this.
  5. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    :lol:

I wonder if Barry is secretly relieved it's at an end. If Parker fails to make progress with a new trainer we may have to re-evaluate who was at fault in his failure to maximise his potential....

Somali Sanil, Wizbit1013 and edabomb like this.
  6. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    He may learn a new move at this age but I think his problem is he lacks motivation and drive. He has made a decent amount of money now and I just don't see that hunger in him.

Somali Sanil likes this.
  7. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    He is hungry still.

This change may bring renewed vigor

8. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    Did you kiwis ever work out for sure that it was Parker involved with the drug smuggling and had the name suppression order on the media in kiwiland?

9. AlwaysFirst

AlwaysFirst Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Slow down, they only have 2 guys (1 guy legit, the other not so much) that’s Champions so I wouldn’t call that “single handedly taken over MMA”. Don’t get me wrong, they are doing well but don’t overestimate them.

10. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    I guess we will see when he fights Chisora...

covetousjuice likes this.
  11. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    [url]http://newzealandfighter.co.nz/news/exclusive-parker-to-team-up-with-former-fury-coach?fbclid=IwAR11tJATqeX9PneOSUuk7fMacAx0vfUzbtxN5NMpiyHiwDflwWBaLo8wtBY[/url]

Ben Davidson to train Parker against Chisora - will be interesting to see what, if any changes will be made.

Rockradar, Holler and Sandman_ like this.