Parker v Fury Off

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Lil Niall, Apr 22, 2017.

1. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    completely agree...every fight has been a mess ,im amazed he is ranked at all

2. Metal Man

Metal Man Active Member Full Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Mybe the Fury's smelt a rat.They were close to pulling out of the Klitschko fight due to cheating.I never liked the idea of the fight in New Zealand anyway because of the huge time difference.i have an open mind and would like to hear what Peter has to say.

3. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Farting!

4. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Farting!
    You don't think the champion has the right to defend his title at home ?What's the problem with Fury going to NZ early enough to acclimatise himself to the time difference?
    I'm not surprised they have pulled out, I think he was on a hiding , he has beaten no one and doesn't have the power to cut it at top level. Too many excuses from this team they are a joke !

S.K, BlackCloud and Mr Icaman like this.
  5. Jobless Jarman

Jobless Jarman Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2015
    :risas3:

6. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The Fury camp constantly go on about how they are the only real & truthful people in boxing, but they are the biggest liars & con men in the sport. They don't give two shits about any of their fans, if they even have any left after yet another kick in the teeth.

7. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I look forward to the Furys claiming to be the two undefeated ATG's running the HW division at the moment after another hypothetical win despite everything being stacked against them. Great stuff from these brilliant, honest ambassadors for the sport.

LondonRingRules likes this.
  8. NakiFan

NakiFan Proud Kiwi Guy Full Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I agree its not sporting as NZ is actually ahead of the UK in time difference. This is an unfair advantage because they are in the future and will know what happened prior to the UK catching up 12 hours later.
    Imagine knowing your opponents every move!

#DeLorean

KermitTheFrog, Wass1985, S.K and 2 others like this.
  9. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Hughie Fury never intended on fighting Parker.

They are serving a ban for roids and this is nothing more than posturing to act as a smokescreen.

10. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    ^ This.

Peter Fury telegraphed his intentions by mentioning the interview (that I'm not sure even happened) to explain "antics". Combined with the reports from NZ that suggested the Furys were trying to get the fight moved at last minute, it's clear they were finding reasons to pull out that had absolutely nothing to do with the misfortune of an injury.

11. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    The Furys have become as bad as David Haye for pull outs and constant bullcrap.

12. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Sure appears that way.

It smells even worse that the type of injury supposedly incurred hasn't even been spelled out.

13. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Peter Fury claimed Hughie would be the youngest ever world heavyweight champ. Mike Tyson was 20 years 4 months old.
    So far Hughie has ducked fights with Joshua and Parker and wouldn't fight Whyte for the British.

14. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Rather ironic that a 'Traveler' who is a "Fighting Man" is scared to travel to fight.

Punk b*tch.

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  15. Chuck Wepner

Chuck Wepner Member Full Member

May 10, 2016
    Pathetic. This should be the end for them commercially. Who will buy a ticket, book a hotel or flight for any fight associated with the Furys? They didn't even book their own flights but I bet some poor naive fans saved up or borrowed to book flights and hotels. Disgusting.

S.K likes this.