Parker vs Chisora II

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Game changed yet same old stale fights

2. Glenn McKrory

Glenn McKrory M&S luxury pudding Full Member

Jul 26, 2018
    I have no interest whatsoever in watching this fight. Dereck must have some dirt on someone to keep getting the opportunities he does.

3. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm sorry but are the people who continue to pay for these meaningless fights absolutely freaking backwards.

There is no point to this whatsoever, Del getting more ppv money, i guess the more losses you have the more your value goes up...

Maybe it is me and i am missing something!!

4. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Chisora has 11 losses
    Parker bores every arena and doesn't really try to win

This is essentially a PPV on DAZN, it's laughable

5. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Forget Froch, AJ, Bellew, all of them. Hearn’s greatest achievement in boxing is convincing everybody that a man who has never won a fight above domestic level is a legitimate PPV main eventer, and seemingly now a poster boy for DAZN.

Game changed right there.

Gatekeeper, Wizbit1013, aaaaa and 2 others like this.
  6. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Active Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2007
    The first fight was ok but had a clear winner. From Parker's point of view I suppose it will be decent money for a stay busy fight. I get why people like and are entertained by Chisora, but he loses at this level. Parker's elbows are in more trouble than his chin against Chisora, because that's what he spends most of his time punching.

Putting it on on the same night as the Taylor fight tells me Hearn feels threatened by boxxer.

7. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Of the three cards announced today; the Whyte vs Wallin fight is actually quite interesting, Garcia vs Sandor Martin is a joke, and this Parker vs Chisora is horrendously dull

Inglis_1 and Jurgen like this.
  8. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Parker v Chisora as co main event to a huge fight would be fine.

Guess it depends on the rest of December on dazn as to if it's value but with Christmas and New year's kinda stopping anything in the UK not sure it will be a good month.

Gatekeeper and Twentyman like this.
  9. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    You are correct on most except….
    Hunter got $20k on triller. I wouldn’t call that big money. However he took the easier route. Warren has made it clear that although Dubois is number 1 he is only targeting the regular belt. Leaving ot to be Hunter vs helenius as the next mando for WBA.

I know for a fact Frank does not have the budget for Ortiz or Ruiz. Unless it was against fury. I know Warren approached Parker for the fight but the money was less than what he was getting for the Chisora fight

Mckean has been looking for a pay day for last 18 months so my guess is it’s him. I think Kabayel is more sellable having beat Del Boy. Mckean might wait for a Parker fight off the back of the Chisora fight.

10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    No problem with the fight itself (why Whyte won't rematch Parker I will never know). First fight was close ish. However, I'm assuming this is a main event and one that is charging PPV which is an absolute con job. Neither fighter is PPV worthy in my opinion. It's got to the point now where these broadcasters seem happy with just a 150,000 or so paying for it.

Boxing is in a bad way over here imo. I'm becoming very disillusioned with it all. Such poor value for money. Apart from one fight I'm struggling to justify to my partner that the AJ v Usyk card is worth the dosh never mind this dross.

11. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    I agree in principle - it is not a good fight.

But… according to BARB ratings, the first fight got 45,000 buys. Last time out, only the muggiest of mugs paid £20 for it.

12. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Couldn't care less, the fact is this nonsense is your typical and no more than a small hall fight.

Safin likes this.
  13. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Hearn is a wanker, says he for the fans but puts this on to deliberately clash with Sky’s big night with Josh Taylor. He did it all the time to Warren too, put Del Boy / Whyte on the same night as Warrington v Frampton.

14. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    He’ll come out with ‘it’s the only night Manchester Arena was available’ pick a different arena then.

Journey Man likes this.
  15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The York Hall would be suitable for this fight on a Friday Evening