Parker vs fa

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by kevinreid001, Feb 25, 2021.

1. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    He comes across a really nice guy and he is talented. But he is just a bit dull in the ring and lacks a bit of aggression that you want to see in HWs. Like you i'm not that interested as Parker will win a rather dull fight rather easily.

sniffmybadger and N17 like this.
  2. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Maybe :lol:

I think after Warrington, Kelly and the embarrassing scorecards the UK judges are dishing out, I think we are looking for somebody to beat somebody up fair and square... so we are adopting Parker.

ipitythefool likes this.
  3. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    I agree, seems a decent man but he is a rather boring.

In a division with the craziness of Fury and Wilder and even the likes of Whyte, Parkers lack of personality shines brightly.

Wizbit1013 and ipitythefool like this.
  4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    From two fights I've seen of Fa he has quick hands and not bad foot work for HW but a dreadful defence (usyk seemed to land almost everything he threw).

Considering Parker arguably has the quickest hands in the divison, I expect Parker to piece him up easily and look good in beating him. It just depends how durable Fa chin is, how aggressive Parker fights and how effectively Parker cuts the ring off.

Fa potential wise seems closer to Wallin level than Hrgovic or Yoka.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    kevinreid001 likes this.
  5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    parker needs a big win, beating Ruiz, h fury and almost whyte are pretty good! But things have gone a bit stagnant. fa looked dull as dishwater last time.

Both guys have a point to prove!

I doubt this goes the distance or shall I say I hope this doesn’t go the distance

6. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Fa has gotten worse as a pro sadly. His footwork is horrendous, his stamina is shocking, he doesn't carry a lot of power and doesn't have a great chin either. He really has struggled against low level journeymen and I understand you hate Wallin for whatever reason, but he is nowhere near Wallin's level. His only chance in this fight is to go for broke early as he won't survive trying to outbox Parker.

moog likes this.
  7. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    He discredits Wallin all the time so he can discredit Fury.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  8. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Yes I know haha I was trying to be civil on this occasion lol.

9. N17

Feb 16, 2013

What are you going to do when Fury makes AJ quit.. AGAIN?

10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I'm really excited about watching a bit of boxing in the morning. I really like Parker 'the personality' in his daft videos etc but would really like to see him show that edge in the ring in morning. Enjoy the fight @Inglis_1

moog and Inglis_1 like this.
  11. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Thanks man will do, card starts in 3 hours and televised in 4 and a half hours time, will be good to finally get to see some live boxing!

A lot of people here seem to be backing Fa here thinking Parkers time is finished, but I think Parker still has something to offer the division and I'll be backing him tonight.

Twentyman likes this.
  12. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Card starts 1.30 ET which is 6.30am UK time.

For the main event- Blink and you will miss it

13. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    If Fury beats AJ he is number 1 HW in world.

As I've stated many times before I don't believe Fury has proven to be anywhere near the level he previously was pe- retirement. I know it's a big taboo on this forum to mention anything but positive stuff about Fury and it is unaccpetable to many on this forum to highlight the weaknesses he has shown or to be of the opinion that he is beatable.

I've called fights wrong before and I've called bookie underdog fights right before such as; Hollyfield to beat Tyson ( I was only a kid athe time) Groves to beat Eubank JR, BJS to beat Eubank JR and Joyce to beat Dubois. Hopefully (if Fury doesnt back out), time will tell if i am right or not.

14. N17

Feb 16, 2013

Naaah, I will give Fury stick, for example his fight against Wlad was a real pigdog of a fight, awful, it seems to have turned in to Classic over the hears as people have clearly chosen to remember it completely differently.

The Wlad Fury rbr on here somewhere is my favourite rbr of all times, a fight were BOTH fighters were slaughtered by nearly everybody it was so bad.

AJ isn't a mug, I don't think Fury walks all over him, so anybody suggesting AJ will win isn't making an outrageous prediction.

AJ and Fury both have weaknesses, nobody is perfect.

Personally I think Fury has the perfect style to beat AJ, I don't think AJ punches as hard as many believe and I if it comes down to grit, desire and bottle then AJ will fold again like he did against Ruiz Jr, once you show quit, it's easier the next time.

Glenn McKrory likes this.